UKFF FIFA 12 PS3 League: Season Two

TUFCfan

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will be online tomorrow night around 10 for an hour or so. The deadline for Villa game has passed, i think he should get the points as he has been available when i haven't.

Unless TUFCFan would be so kind enough to let us play tonight? :D?

Will be online tomorrow night around 10 for an hour or so. The deadline for Villa game has passed, i think he should get the points as he has been available when i haven't.

Unless TUFCFan would be so kind enough to let us play tonight? :D?

That's fine, I'll delay the table update until midnight tonight. All games in their last week will be extended until then as well due to Easter weekend.

Wolves 4 - 1 Torquay

Wolves cruised to victory in the end over a nine-man Torquay side, but The Gulls didn't always make it easy. Torquay had a good early chance to score but a quick counter led to the ball being floated across the face of goal and Fernando Torres slipped between two defenders to head home. Vagner Love had a good chance to make it two for Wolves but his one-on-one chance was well saved by Akinfeev, whilst at the other end Pazzini had a decent effort which was pushed out for a corner. Both sides had chances but Wolves just edged the half after good defending meant that Torquay just couldn't find the final ball.

Eight minutes after the break Vagner Love scored after being fed the ball and he turned his defender and curled one into the corner of the net. Torquay were back in the game within five minutes though when a long free kick saw Nasri free on goal and his effort bounced into the net to give The Gulls some hope. Just five minutes later Torquay were handed a blow when the referee gave a controversal penalty. Christian Maggio blocked off an attackers run but replays showed that the Wolves player was fouled outside of the box. The ref waved the protests away and Antonio Cassano coolly slotted home the spot kick. The goal gave The Gulls an uphill task but they almost pulled one back immediately when a good passing move found Nasri in the box but Stekelenburg made a good stop. Torquay's task got harder soon after when Walter Samuel mistimed a tackle and was presented with his second yellow of the game. Torquay still pressed for a way back into the game and forced a corner with 15 minutes left. The ball was cleared and on a quick counter Vagner Love was set free and chipped the ball over the onrushing Akinfeev to make it four for Wolves. Torquay were reduced to nine men in last ten minutes when sub Benedikt Howedes completely lost the flight of a long ball and mistimed his challenge when he gained his bearings. The ref deemed it a goal scoring opportunity and the German defender was given a straight red. Oddly The Gulls seemed to defend better with nine men but could rarely get out of their half with their numerical disadvantage. Wolves are able to keep their run for a top two spot going whilst Torquay are in freefall and look in danger of dropping to the bottom if results don't pick up.

Wolves scorers: Torres (5'), Vagner Love (53', 77'), Cassano (pen 63')

Torquay scorer: Nasri (58')

Some might have been played already but just for information these are the fixtures for this week before I do the update tonight (I'll remove the played fixtures tonight as well).

Aston Villa v Liverpool

Bohemians v Norwich

Everton v Arsenal

Man Utd v Brisbane

Middlesbrough v Fiorentina

Wolves 4 v 1 Torquay

Bohemians v Man Utd

Brisbane v Aston Villa

Everton 1 v 0 Wolves

Fiorentina v Arsenal

Norwich 2 v 1 Middlesbrough

Torquay v Liverpool

I'm about today if any of my other opponents are about. Just post in here or pm me and I should hop on the PSN when I see it.

Archived