4FW: New Years Wrestleution 2012 {Saturday 25th February - Swindon}

4FWpromoter

Does anyone know where I can catch the rugby game before the event?

Looks like there is a pub opposite the train station showing it, me and the mrs will probably watch it there before heading to the show...

That pub is HORRIBLE. Find a better one.

MOJ's first rule of travel: The nearest pub to a train station is always dodgy. no exceptions.

Back to the event: there is at least one major announcement to be made live at the show tonight. I'll probably be the guy making the announcement. And I have never been so excited.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like there is a pub opposite the train station showing it, me and the mrs will probably watch it there before heading to the show...

MOJ's first rule of travel: The nearest pub to a train station is always dodgy. no exceptions.

Wise words indeed.

TONIGHT~

Back to the event: there is at least one major announcement to be made live at the show tonight. I'll probably be the guy making the announcement. And I have never been so excited.

Hopefully that news will be online tonight as well!

Indeed. Couldnt get today off work cause of all my mania commitments.

I have a good feeling we will be seeing some JAPS.

Its the great sasuke snoooooor. Nobody in Swindon knows who he is, what a waste.

They didn't know who Dick Togo was either but that match got rave reviews right?

I'm sure it will attract internet fans, which im sure is their target here. Where else are they going to see him? I for one am interested.

Its the great sasuke snoooooor. Nobody in Swindon knows who he is, what a waste.

They didn't know who Dick Togo was either but that match got rave reviews right?

I'm sure it will attract internet fans, which im sure is their target here. Where else are they going to see him? I for one am interested.

Don't forget Sasuke was over here previously in 1996, when nobody had even heard of the internet. ;)

Don't forget Sasuke was over here previously in 1996, when nobody had even heard of the internet. ;)

My bad. Cancel the flight! ;)

I want Kaientai in 4FW at some point. I want to finally buy one of those 'EVIL' T-Shirts.

• Paid Members

Great show again tonight!

It was a bit of a deflation when the crowd died at the announcement of Sasuke, but I marked....lol

A few niggling complaints i'm afraid though...1) The sound. It's terrible. You can barely hear anything anyone is saying on the Mic, JD's Promo was awesome, yet barely audible, which was a huge shame. The music also sounds like it's being played on a Tape.

2) Camera Men/Women. I know they have a job to do, but when you have to repeatedly ask them to get out of your view when they're filming is a bit annoying.

Other then that, another top notch show put on by 4FW!! Keep it up! :thumbsup:

As pointed out no one there knew of Togo but he went down really well, this is not all we have lined up for this event, we have more huge news to announce but unfortunately things have to wait, but it will definately be happening, The Great Sasuke is someone we have wanted to bring in for ages but it dosn't end there.

In Swindon our local guys are the draw and focus.

Tonights event was absolutely packed and every match was totally different, I know the sound isn't great but I ensure you once we invest which will be soon it will be the best sound system possible.

Regarding the filming we are still trying to get everything right, we take everything on board and will constantly improve.

417341_3180814755481_1119031945_33111940_1084606133_n.jpg

My bad. Cancel the flight! ;)

I want Kaientai in 4FW at some point. I want to finally buy one of those 'EVIL' T-Shirts.

Our aim is to attract the internet fans but loacal promotion is always the key, we have big things planned and whoever gets to compete against him will have a phenomenal experience which is the most important thing for myself, also to let people know Sasuke will be with 4FW on 26th October (Event) 27th October (Event) 28th October (Seminar) plus the next piece of news we announce is a huge deal and will put 4FW on the map, Kaientai will end up at 4FW just a matter of when they end up in 4FW.

That pub is HORRIBLE. Find a better one.

WOW how high are your standards? Normally I agree about train station pubs but there was nothing wrong with the Swindon one. Just before we left for the wrestling people were coming in to start their night out and their were some quality birds! I could have quite happily stayed for another couple if I didn't have to get to the venue (plus my mrs was with me and she tells me I'm not very subtle when looking at other women).

Anyway, wrestling:

Overall I thought it was a good show there were something's I liked and a couple of things I wasn't so keen on.

I wasn't quite sure of the target audience that 4fw is promoting to? It seems a like that it is mainly families with just a little bit of the Internet thrown in. It makes sense to target the family audience as being next to a school, obviously the local promotion is going to target this crowd. This is not a criticism, I just felt a lot of things weren't aimed at me last night.

I think some of the match ordering was a bit out last night. The idea of having a 10 man ladder match (which I enjoyed) followed by jonny kid vs mad dog in a word of sport style match just didn't work. I understand you might have wanted to bring the crowd down ready for the main event but it was way too much and to be honest it was not a good match!

Main event was great, much better then I was expecting! Was very impressed by the match that both finlay and JD put on!

So it was a good night overall. I probably wouldn't go back anytime too soon, just because it was more of a family show but I think 4fw looks like a really good promotion and I'm sure they will do great things in the future!

I agree with the fact it was a cracking show and i agree with the sound point being raised it was hard to hear anything coming from the microphone, didn't notice it as much with the music but it did sound muffled slightly. My only other concern though was the referee in the first match was rather quiet, i could barely hear him counting quite a few times.

Other than that again cracking show from top to bottom, and unlike the previous guy i didn't think that the WoS was placed wrongly as they performed to a standard to say these battling for the title will give it their all we need to give more.

Archived