The Championship and Lower Leagues Thread 2011/2

patiirc

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

hoping Hull, Leicster or Pompey goes up, there three of the 4 uni's I'm looking at (De Montfort which is in Leicster and Swansea being the other one) would be brilliant if I got to watch Premier League football while taking a day off from studying.

Hoping for better from Hereford this season, struggled big time for most of last season, good staff in place and high hopes with some of the guys coming in to strengthen the squad.

I think Derby are more likely to go the other way to be honest.

No doubt West Ham & Leicester have the strongest squads in the league, but this is the Championship, never goes to plan. I bet at least one of them bottles it.

reason i say derby that they have signed some good players in vital positions. they signed Frank Fleding as number one very good goalkeeper. Shacknall to parther barker when fit they have plenty of firepower in ward, robinson and also the scots influence in byson and Mcguire.

• Paid Members

Fancy West Ham, Leicester and Forest myself, though realistically any of 14-16 have a realistic chance of making the playoffs, Championships going to be fantastic this year I really love that league so many big and likeable teams down there aswell (with the exception of Cardiff and Millwall, scummers)

Agreed on Portsmouth and 'Boro. Not sure on Hull although it'd be nice to see them come up. I've got a sneaky feeling that Burnley may come back up and I'd have no problems if that happens.

What have Pompey done to be considered favourites for promotion? If anything I can see them in the relegation battle. Cardiff have lost some key players and have signed players I don't really rate or are unfamiliar with so I'm not really hopeful for next year.

• Paid Members

West Ham and Forest for automatic I think. It's just so wide open after that. I think there is very little to choose between Portsmouth, Derby, Cardiff, Birmingham, Leicester, Hull, Burnley and Blackpool. It's not beyond Millwall, Brizzle, Boro, Southampton or Brighton to do alright also.

Good season in prospect I think.

What have Pompey done to be considered favourites for promotion? If anything I can see them in the relegation battle.

Wouldn't call them favourites but I think they had one of the best 11's last season. They are signing a little bit of quality to round out the squad. I think they'll have a good season.

• Paid Members
Wouldn't call them favourites but I think they had one of the best 11's last season. They are signing a little bit of quality to round out the squad. I think they'll have a good season.

That, and a manager who works his socks off for the club. That'll be drilled into the players and if they give him the same effort in return, I reckon Pompey might give the top 6 a good crack.

That, and a manager who works his socks off for the club. That'll be drilled into the players and if they give him the same effort in return, I reckon Pompey might give the top 6 a good crack.

Agreed. I think getting out of the Championship is more about discipline, a fairly consistent first XI, fitness, hard work and a goal scorer.

Big names isn't all you need (take note, Ipswich Town)

Archived