Working conditions in TNA

perfectbluefan

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"I signed a $150,000 contract with TNA Wrestling for a year. I ended up 8 appearances for 40 minutes. Then I signed a second contract and they didn't use me. So, I'd like to thank them for $300,000 for 40 minutes' worth of work."

That was my favourite part.

I legit didn't even recognize the name Jonny Fairplay when I read it.

If you dont like it, go work for ROH, CZW or some local bunch of fools. Im sure you will treat you tons better.
Guess you didn't read the article since its not about TNA wrestlers whinging about low pay, its about how TNA make out they are the saints of the wrestling biz whilst sniping at WWE, when they treat their talent worse than WWE, ROH and some small indies and hope no one notices. So your post makes no sense here.

If you dont like it, go work for ROH, CZW or some local bunch of fools. Im sure you will treat you tons better.
Guess you didn't read the article since its not about TNA wrestlers whinging about low pay, its about how TNA make out they are the saints of the wrestling biz whilst sniping at WWE, when they treat their talent worse than WWE, ROH and some small indies and hope no one notices. So your post makes no sense here.

Yes it does he basically says if they dont like it they can go work elsewhere. Nobody made them sign with TNA.

I'm not sure about "they can go elsewhere" line.

WWE are so specific on what they look for, usually only bigger guys or in the case of the women, models, so most people on the indies don't have a shot. TNA is the only other place you can go if you still want to be involved in wrestling on a national level and get exposure. Trouble is, TNA know it too, which is why they get away with all this stuff because they know people are so desperate to be in wrestling they'll put up with anything.

Are people dumb for signing? Yes. But TNA are awful for taking advantage and then having the nerve to pretend they represent all that is good and pure in the world compared to evil WWE.

I mean, seriously, when freaking CZW is paying guys' medical bills, and you're a national promotion with millions of dollars and don't, you know there's a problem.

I'm not sure about "they can go elsewhere" line.

WWE are so specific on what they look for, usually only bigger guys or in the case of the women, models, so most people on the indies don't have a shot. TNA is the only other place you can go if you still want to be involved in wrestling on a national level and get exposure. Trouble is, TNA know it too, which is why they get away with all this stuff because they know people are so desperate to be in wrestling they'll put up with anything.

Are people dumb for signing? Yes. But TNA are awful for taking advantage and then having the nerve to pretend they represent all that is good and pure in the world compared to evil WWE.

I mean, seriously, when freaking CZW is paying guys' medical bills, and you're a national promotion with millions of dollars and don't, you know there's a problem.

I see what you are saying but thats life. Its called paying your dues and if they dont like it they have a decision to make dont they?

As I say nobody makes them be wrestlers and nobody makes them sign with TNA.

• Paid Members
Its called paying your dues and if they dont like it they have a decision to make dont they?

That's rubbish. Paying your dues isn't about being treated like shit, it's about starting from the beginning, at the bottom, to prove you have the ability, talent and attitude that a company can rely on to make them money. Pretty much every industry requires people to pay their dues as part of a career, but none of them have this stupid, carny, frat-boy shit that so often ends up being excused in wrestling.

I don't know what not paying for a guy- who gets hurt working for you- to get an MRI or some other type of check up, when you have the money, has to do with paying dues.

I get the point about nobody holding a gun to their heads, but to me, that's just like the last resort arguement. Nobody in their right mind can defend TNA's business tactics, so the only thing you can say is "well they signed a contract." So? I can sign a contract to sell my kidneys and heart, but it ain't going to stand up in court. There are limits to what a control can do. Including allowing you to treat someone completely inhumanely.

Yeah, I don't think TNA pay crappy wages, refuse to pay for medical care, give some reality tv guy $300,000 to do fuck all, threaten to fire guys for not wrestling risky styles or blading or get a girl to wrestle two days after a terrible concussion because they want them to pay dues. I think they're just pricks.

• Moderators

So why is the writer of this poor, overlong meandering article going on about Konnan's injuries not being paid for by TNA when he was already a fallen apart wreck in WCW?

It's the same as any company, they pay who they think is worth more to them more than others. Was Johnny Fairplay worth more to them than Johnny Devine? Probably was to be honest.

• Paid Members
It's the same as any company, they pay who they think is worth more to them more than others. Was Johnny Fairplay worth more to them than Johnny Devine? Probably was to be honest.

If you mean wages, sure, no argument there. If you mean stuff like medical and all that, pretty sure that's illegal, even under US law.

Last bit you're absolutely right, but that's not difficult - Johnny Devine was god-awful.

• Paid Members

If you mean wages, sure, no argument there. If you mean stuff like medical and all that, pretty sure that's illegal, even under US law.

Last bit you're absolutely right, but that's not difficult - Johnny Devine was god-awful.

So was Johnny Fairplay. I agree with Butch's point overall but to suggest that Johnny Fairplay, who's 15 minutes of fame had ended even before he got to TNA and they used about 4 times because he was shit, is worth more than anyone else is just wrong.

Archived