The MMA General News & Events Thread

David

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will be my first semi-pro fight, I don't like to say I'm a pro fighter considering I work 5 days a week and only train about 4 at most. I did have an amateur fight in August, but it was at heavyweight since I was weighing in about 225lbs because I had dislocated my shoulder the previous April, which really set me back. It does look like I might be fighthing a stand-in if I do fight at all since the guy I was supposed to have been fighting is injured apparently.

• Paid Members

Interesting story in the Observer from the week of UFC 4 that's just been republished online. Apparantly when the Severn-Gracie match went longer than expected and some cable systems cut off midway through, Campbell Maclaren (who was running the PPV) considered stopping the match just before the schedule finish time and having somebody act as judge and pick a winner. He said he opted against that because it would have to be Severn winning at that point, and Maclaren would probably have been lynched by the Gracie clan.

• Paid Members
Awesome Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen II video by Nicktheface:

That's the greatest thing I've ever seen. If Dana put that video at the end of a Countdown episode it'd legitimately have a chance of breaking all records.

On the same subject, "Like Water," the documentary covering the first Chael vs. Silva fight, has been leaked online. It looks absolutely brilliant.

Just watched Like Water.

I cannot advise anyone enough to watch this documentary, it beats out Smashing Machine as the best MMA documentary ever. Anderson is the best MMA fighter of all time in my opinion, it is a worthy piece on him to say the least, espicially as it covers the build up and the actual fight of the most famous and dramatic fights in MMA history and in many ways the best moment of Anderson's career.

The soundtrack is excellent and really sets the scene of the fight and the pre-fight preparations.

Here is the link I used - http://www.putlocker.com/file/3C695CC3B5BBA875#

That trailer by Nicktheface above is also brilliant.

I cannot wait until the rematch, Ortiz vs Shamrock and Lesnar vs Mir can move over this is this best feud in MMA history.

Archived