The Official UKFF Top 50 Games List

Onyx2

The screenshots are most certainly N64. On the PSOne version, you did not get the (quite frankly retarded) marker on the goal at penalty kicks.

There was an option to disable them, which was pretty much necessary for playing multiplayer. I mean, what is the point in having the marker if your opponent will just see it and save it?

Also, I'd like to ask around a bit - I didn't own it, but my mate had a football game on the PSOne that also featured retarded penalty shoot-outs. The taker had the option to hit the penalty left, right or down the middle - but the keeper HAD to dive left or right, which meant all penalties ended up going down the middle and were therefore unsaveable. Anyone shed some light on which game this is?

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The screenshots are most certainly N64. On the PSOne version, you did not get the (quite frankly retarded) marker on the goal at penalty kicks.

There was an option to disable them, which was pretty much necessary for playing multiplayer. I mean, what is the point in having the marker if your opponent will just see it and save it?

Also, I'd like to ask around a bit - I didn't own it, but my mate had a football game on the PSOne that also featured retarded penalty shoot-outs. The taker had the option to hit the penalty left, right or down the middle - but the keeper HAD to dive left or right, which meant all penalties ended up going down the middle and were therefore unsaveable. Anyone shed some light on which game this is?

Soccer 97, Radio 5 Lives Alan Green on commentary. One of those games that was so bad, it was good.

I didn't know The Onion did game reviews. :confused:

I agree on Animal Crossing over Harvest Moon. Even by the standards of the genre, I found the latter more laborious than relaxing.

I need to go back and resume Half-Life 2 at some point. Not being an FPS fan, I'd have never given it a chance had I not been so absorbed by Portal, so that opened the door for me to appreciate a classic.

Edited by Just Me

Fantastic. I guess the surprise entries make the countdown a whole lot more specific to the UKFF. Those are some good picks - I was totally toying with the idea of putting DKC 2 in there as my favourite game of the series, so am glad to see it represented. I went with another awesome SNES platformer instead. Man I hope it gets in there...

Lemmings is fantastic, though I never kept enough codes, and still don't think I ever did the first level of Mayhem difficulty. Maybe I should go back to it.

Hmm... Are you amalgamating votes for a series and choosing the one you feel best represents it, Black2? It's what I interepreted your quote that went with SFIV as. I'd just be interested to know whether you counted individual votes for individual games, or chose to represent one of a series depending on the modal value. Or perhaps both, if they got enough votes. Share your mystery...

I'm quite surprised that ... Call Of Duty 4 made it in as well.

I'm quite surprised it was so low. It's the most extraordinary production, and the best of that entire genre of modern war FPSes. I was certainly expecting it to be in the Top 20 at least.

• Awards Moderator
I didn't know The Onion did game reviews. :confused:

I'm surprised too! I suspect it might be a different Onion. Spanish perhaps? Peel back the layers and find out, etc. etc.

Thanks for clearing up the ISS stuff guys.

I think the screenshots are PSOne.

I double-checked the screenshots and I'm 99% sure they're from the PlayStation version. You get the idea, anyway.

Hmm... Are you amalgamating votes for a series and choosing the one you feel best represents it, Black2? It's what I interepreted your quote that went with SFIV as. I'd just be interested to know whether you counted individual votes for individual games, or chose to represent one of a series depending on the modal value. Or perhaps both, if they got enough votes. Share your mystery...

I'm not amalgamating series no. Therefore (for example) all the Grand Theft Autos tally separately. There's enough variety in the votes to make it interesting, yet distinct enough to be authentically what people voted for. Many series have more than one entry in this chart.

On multi-format games it comes down to a bit more judgement; as above ISS 98 / 64 were different games, as were the Sonic games on Mega Drive / Master System. Call of Duty 4 is essentially the same game on Xbox 360 or PS3 however.

I have collated entries by series too; I'm posting that after the rundown is done. So you'll be able to see how all the Mario games compare in popularity to the GTA games for example.

THERE WILL BE CHARTS.

Edited by Black2

Wow, you possibly enjoy Excel more than JLM, and that is a tough accolade to acquire... Nevertheless, it could be quite interesting to see charts.

I'm glad you cleared that up; I had since realised that you meant you were in a quandary over which SF entry you wanted to put into your personal submission, but I had initially interpreted it in the way I detailed. You seem to be on top of things... Carry on, carry on.

• Awards Moderator
Wow, you possibly enjoy Excel more than JLM, and that is a tough accolade to acquire... Nevertheless, it could be quite interesting to see charts.

I am the biggest Excel nerd you'll never meet, certifications, forums, MVP, the lot. We should have a Pivot-off~!

Typical. Start talking about favourite games, and all people care about is their graph fix.

• Paid Members

Awesome, 2 of my picks have made in thuse far, including one that I didn't think would crack the top 50.

That Lemmings quote that neil attributed to SickWoy was mine, btw.

I'm very impressed with the amount of effort the Black2's gone to with this. Good work, sir!

So far I've got 3 picks and 3 quotes, including one petty insult. :)

COD4's ranking doesn't surprise me. I think it's a game that a lot of people really, really enjoy playing - especially online - but i would also guess it's the kind of game that people like rather than love.

I am the biggest Excel nerd you'll never meet, certifications, forums, MVP, the lot. We should have a Pivot-off~!

daniel_day_lewis3.jpg

Challenge accepted.

:laugh:

• Paid Members

Two entries so far for me (heelo 3 and harvest moon). Two quotes in there too. For the record I hate excel and all it stands for. Charts would be grand though. Sterling work on the presentation front garrence, nicely done.