Daniel Bryan's Dad passes away.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
WWE World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan's (Bryan Danielson's) father has unexpectedly passed away. Bryan was made aware of his father's passing after returning from his honeymoon with Brie Bella. Despite the news, Bryan has insisted on performing for the WWE Universe tonight (April 21) and will be on Raw. WWE extends our deepest condolences to Bryan and his family.

What a kick in the teeth following such a massive week for him, with his wedding and the best night of his career. Real shame this.

Jesus,thats a pisser.Any idea how old he was?his mother didn't look all that old in the Mania documentary.

Suppose he couldn't really miss two weeks of TV as the new champion no matter how upset he is.

Possibly he won't be able to get home until tomorrow at the earliest anyway. I know when my Grandpa died, I couldn't get to my Grandma until the next day so rather than sit at home and mope, I went out and played football like I did every week. Sometimes it's just better to get your mind off things for a few hours at least.

Rotten news though as Ian says. Best wishes to him and his family - I know he has a sister, not sure if he has any other siblings who'll also be affected.

• Awards Moderator
I had a feeling Kane was going to do something bastardly to Bryan tonight, but maybe that will be in poor taste now. But then WWE have used family members death to draw heat in the past. Michael Cole/Jerry Lawler springs to mind.

sd_bossman.jpg?

Man, that's really shitty. As said, Bryan's dad probably wasn't that old, and of all the times for it to happen, right after the best week of Bryan's life? I lost my dad a couple of years ago, he was only 42, it's definitely one of the worst things I've ever experienced.

Bryan's doing the right thing by appearing on Raw though. Regardless of the circumstances, the world champ taking his first two weeks off would not be a good look. Any other wrestler, sure, go home, be with your family, but if Bryan went, WWE would likely lose a little faith in him and all his hard work would be undone. It's a harsh reality.

How awful for Bryan. At least He would have got to see the biggest night of Bryan's career and attend his wedding. I know that's little consolation, but I'm sure it helps that Bryan would have made his father very proud recently by reaching these milestones.

What is it with strangely timed deaths lately?

• Paid Members
I had a feeling Kane was going to do something bastardly to Bryan tonight, but maybe that will be in poor taste now. But then WWE have used family members death to draw heat in the past. Michael Cole/Jerry Lawler springs to mind.

sd_bossman.jpg?

Wrong on many levels, but it made me laugh!

Feel really bad for him, best time in his life both in and out of the ring, then this happens, poor bugger.

Archived