RIP Ultimate Warrior

King Pitcos

https://twitter.com/TripleH

Triple H ‏@TripleH 14m

Saddened to announce the passing of the Ultimate Warrior. Icon and friend. My sympathy to his wife Dana and his daughters

Stephanie McMahon ‏@StephMcMahon 3m

#RIPUltimateWarrior Your strength of character is to be admired. There will never be anyone like you. Your spirit lives on in your family.

It's on wwe.com now. Fuck. Days after going in the Hall of Fame and the day after appearing on Raw. This is mad.

WWE is shocked and deeply saddened to learn of the passing of one of the most iconic WWE Superstars ever, The Ultimate Warrior. Warrior began his WWE career in 1987 and quickly went on to become one of the biggest stars in WWE history. Warrior became WWE Champion at WrestleMania VI, defeating Hulk Hogan in an epic encounter. We are grateful that just days ago, Warrior had the opportunity to take his rightful place in the WWE Hall of Fame and was also able to appear at WrestleMania 30 and Monday Night Raw to address his legions of fans. WWE sends its sincere condolences to Warrior
Edited by King Pitcos

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The timing of this is truly mental.

If there's nothing suspicious about this death and it was simply his time to go, then what unbelievable timing.

Just after being inducted to the HoF and saying his goodbye's the next night on RAW.

Stunned. RIP Warrior

Edit: Kinda chilling if you watch his RAW promo back too, some of the things he says about "breathing final breath" etc

Edited by Winston

Because of the sheer timing of this I have to say that is one of the most shocking deaths in recent memory. I just keep thinking of his 2 daughters and how happy they both looked on Saturday night. That now seems like a lifetime away. It's a sad time when anyone passes, but when you leave a family so young then it is especially heart wrenching. Thought his HOF fame speech was very honest and he seemed to finally have vindication after

years of fighting with the WWE. R.I.P Ultimate Warrior,

Edited by Mr Tibbs

The timing of this makes it a real shocker

TMZ are reporting "Warrior collapsed outside an Arizona hotel at 5:50 PM on April 8th ... while walking to his car with his wife."

Sounds like he had a sudden heart attack, I wouldn't be surprised if he knew he was on borrowed time and it comes to light that he's had heart issues before in recent months/years, especially given much of the wording of his Hall of Fame speech and even more so his appearance on RAW.

R.I.P Ultimate Warrior

Edited by Mattyc

I feel like there had to be some underlying health issue at play here. The things he said in the Raw promo certainly seemed like a farewell of sorts, and at the HOF he wouldn't even humour the idea of "one more match", despite being in apparent good shape and passionate about wrestling.

Terrible, anyway. Wasn't his biggest fan but it's great that things ended on the highest note possible. Imagine if this heart attack/collapse came on a week earlier? Shit. RIP Warrior.

Just this minute saw this on a news site, absolutely shocked, more so at the timing of it, just after being inducted into the Hall of Fame and being a part of WrestleMania weekend. But really I suppose the only good from a career standpoint is that he went out on the same page as WWE and explaining his side to the DVD and righting that wrong. Absolutely tragic for his family though, heart breaking, my thoughts and prayers go out to them. RIP Warrior.

Thought this was some kind of sick wind up when I first saw this this morning, as he had been at RAW on Monday, looking the picture of health and so on. Completely and utterly flabbergasted and lost for words. The Warrior, was my all time favourite growing up. He may not have been the best wrestler, he may not have been the most liked, but something in him drew me to him and wrestling from an early age. Without him, I'd have never been as much of a fan as I am and was. Utterly devastated that he has gone.

Rest In Peace

• Paid Members

What a crazy week in wrestling it has been. The sheer timing of this is unbelievable. Maybe he had been given word that he only had so long left?

Fantastic that he made peace with everyone before he checked out, and went out on a high.

Edited by Nick James