Official Wrestlemania 29 Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

wrestlingmad

Venue Capacity: 82,566 (American Football)

No tickets currently available via Ticketmaster...

If it was sold out, WWE would have shouted that from the roof tops by now. I'm still waiting to get mine and my fiancee's tickets as I still believe ticketmaster will release more batches.

Venue Capacity: 82,566 (American Football)

No tickets currently available via Ticketmaster...

If it was sold out, WWE would have shouted that from the roof tops by now. I'm still waiting to get mine and my fiancee's tickets as I still believe ticketmaster will release more batches.

I'm sure they will eventually, but unless you have a wheelchair you can't buy any right now.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/00004914...p;minorcatid=27

I think it'll end up being something like:

WWE Championship- The Rock vs John Cena

CM Punk vs The Undertaker

World Title- Alberto Del Rio vs Jack Swagger

Brock Lesnar vs Triple H

Tag Titles- Team Hell No vs Mark Henry and The Big Show(Based on nothing but I can't see Big Show fitting in anywhere else)

Dolph Ziggler vs Chris Jericho

The Shield vs Ryback, Sheamus and Randy Orton

U.S Title- Antonio Cesaro vs The Miz

It's hard to see what they're going to do to make this years feel like a real Wrestlemania-worthy show. With only 5 weeks of TV left, it looks right now that it'll feel like just another PPV.

Personally I'll be quite glad if they go with the 3-way main event as I've no interest in Cena/Rock II, but it's not exactly going to be box office like the singles match last year was. It's like something that could just have easily went on a B PPV like Sunday night.

Similarly, the other feature match, Brock/HHH which looks likely and will probably be sorted next week on the back of this Vince/PauLE stuff, is a pretty big match, but nothing we haven't already saw. We barely have to go back 6 months.

This year, it looks like no fresh dream matches, no Undertaker, no big returns, and no sign of any major celebrity involvement so far. Just those two big (but not massive) matches, and an undercard full of the usual guys we see every week anyway - and there isn't much in the way of really intriguing midcard feuds and angles going on.

It was crying out for something massive - like an HBK/Austin/Batista/Goldberg return. Even Jeff Hardy would've been class.

It can be saved though - give us a gimmick/retro battle royal!

Fuck off with the Lesnar/HHH bollocks. I want to see Henry vs Lesnar with a live performance of 'Some Bodies Gonna Get It'.

They seriously need to do this. There's still time. He's fucking earned a Wrestlemania main event spot after his sterling work in the last 20 months.

True, his last 10 months have been especially excellent.

I can't see where the likes of Orton, Sheamus & Ryback are going to fit in at Mania, surely they wont do antother 6 man with the shield?

Regarding Punk's proposed match vs. Undertaker -Online reports keep going on about Undertaker's status being up in the air and he hasn't made his mind up about whether or not hes going to work Wrestlemania. If hes not good enough to go now, he won't be in 6 weeks time. So what else could Punk do?

Personally, I would go with an 8 man tag pitting Punk and the Shield vs. Ryback, Sheamus and Team Hell No. Gets all 8 men on the card and you don't have to come up with a massive backstory. Ryback, Sheamus and Hell No all have been beat up by the Shield at some point over the last couple of months and they simply want to give them an arsekicking. Punk slots right into the match after paying The Shield to interfere in the match at Royal Rumble. You can even work in the Hell No breakup by having them lose the match through some kind of miscommunication

maybe not, but at the end of the day he'll do what hes fucking told to.

And what else has he got going on? Cant see he being involved with Rock/Cena.

My other thought was doing some form of old vs. modern, with backlund and Sammartino going into the HOF this year. Longest reigning champ of the modern era gloats about being better than both of them in their respective reigns. The match would have to be against Backund, as Im sure Sammartino isn't up to it physically, so he would be in Backlund's corner.

Its not a great idea, but what else is there for him? Cant see him being involved with Cena and Rock, yet hes too big to be involved with the mid-card titles. Like i say, you can have the 8 man tag with little story to it, but plenty of 1v1 or 2v2 tag matches eventually leading to the big 8 man tag and it gives all the other guys a spot on the card. Plus, if you were to have Hell no break up at the end of the match you've got them feuding, and have Ryback take his anger out on Sheamus that hes lost again, this time on on the biggest show of the year. So you get a Ryback heel turn and a feud against Sheamus. Even if that only goes through Extreme Rules, it keeps them busy.

Like I say, these are all just ideas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Card updated. Also.

Source: The Wrestling Observer

WrestleMania 29 Officially Sold Out

WrestleMania 29 at Metlife Stadium in New Jersey is now officially sold out for a total gate of $11 million. There is a possibility that WWE might release more seats when it gets closer to the date of the event and the company has figured out production setup, but at this point the PPV is sold out, and this is the farthest advanced sellout for a WrestleMania in years.

Archived