The MMA General News & Events Thread

David

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've just seen that in the other thread.Havent got a clue what thats about.Apparantly David beat me at something and I beat you at something leaving David as the overall winner.Fucked if I know :laugh:

I think Neil just made it up on the spot to shut Mo up.

All he did was close the other thread and ask me (probably because I was the only MMA regular on-line at the time) to start a new one.

I wouldn't worry about it lads, i've not beaten you at anything, such as MMA Playground....

Yet :sneaky:

Here's a question for you MMA marks: Alex Reid, Jordan's b/f - just how insignificant is he in MMA? Because he's being interviewed on This Morning as if he's Ricky Hatton or something.

Here's a question for you MMA marks: Alex Reid, Jordan's b/f - just how insignificant is he in MMA? Because he's being interviewed on This Morning as if he's Ricky Hatton or something.

Well he is on a multiple fight losing streak with losses to mostly mid level competion with a few has beens thrown in there before that he never beat anyone of UFC calibre and is in his mid thirties

I dont know much about Tom Watson as I dont really follow UK MMA but the general feeling is he will lose, and lose badly

I personally have no interest in him or BAMMA

His current record stands at 8-8.

He hasn't won a fight since July of 2005, and has lost his last six in a row.

He also hasn't fought in three years.

His opponent, Tom Watson, has a record of 12-3 and is on an eight fight winning streak, having last lost a fight in 2007.

He's regarded as one of the best middleweight fighters in the UK, and one of Europe's top fighters.

He's taking Reid that seriously that he's got another fight scheduled two weeks before the Reid fight in Canada against Jesse Taylor of Ultimate Fighter fame.

• Paid Members

from what i remember, Reid isn't actually that bad...he's just primarily a kickboxer, i saw him fight Matt Ewin in London and Ewin bascially led on him for 3 rounds. Reid's clearly only this position because of his fame (cant blame BAMMA for exploiting that), but Watson should take care of him.

Been announced that Mayhem Miller will fight Kazushi Sakuraba at DREAM 16. At this point there's not many fights id wanna see Saku in, but this is one of them.

• Paid Members

Quick question, and it's probably inane, but I'd like to know:

There was an MMA tag-team match put on a number of years ago, and it was regarded as a massive failure. What caused it to be a failure? Did it cause the match to go on too long, were there problems figuring out the rules, did it ruin the flow of the match, was tagging not so easy?

I remember there being a Japanese company called ZST ( pronounced Zeest) I dont know if it's still running, but i've seen some of that and they ran tag matches. Saying that, it's more like a worked shoot deal ala BattlARTS. I cant really imagine anything stupider than a tag match, or a 3 or 4 way in a shoot style environment to be honest. It probably has happened and I could fully imagine it being a disaster

• Paid Members

I'd love to see MMA diversify in the way of wrestling and have bar brawls set in actual bars. Only problem would be the fatalities, but I see that as a small sacrifice for my entertainment.

How about a Royal Rumble-style cage match? Loads of fighters trying to chuck each other out of the cage. Would be funny.

Aswell as having tickets to 120, Ive been thinking about making the trip over to germany for 122, However options for main card fights seem rather slim, anyway i've looked into the upper tier fighters who could possibly be available to fight to get an idea of possible match-ups;

HW

Randy Couture (dependant on 118 outcome)

Shane Carwin

Roy Nelson

cro-cop (depandant on 119 outcome)

Ben Rothwell

Stefan Struve

LHW

Thiago Silva

Rich Franklin

MW

Belfort

Okami

Leben

Alves (Dana has stated Thiago could be moving to 185)

Anthony Johnson (talking about 185 move)

Swick (talking about 185 move)

WW

Alves

Swick

Demian Mia (dependant on 118 outcome)

Anthony Johnson

LHW

Frankie Edgar (dependant on 118 outcome)

Penn (dependant on 118 outcome)

Kenny Florian (dependant on 118 outcome)

Gray Maynard (dependant on 118 outcome)

Gomi

George Sotiropoulos

Clay Guida

Joe Stevenson (not sure if he'll be back from injury)

If anyone knows about any injurys or other commitments that would stop the above fighters appearing let me know so i can strike them from the list

some interesting matchups can still be made even with loads of champs and contenders tied up

• Paid Members

-Amir Sadollah (3-2) vs. Peter Sobotta (8-3)

-Krzysztof Soszynski (21-10-1) vs. Goran Reljic (8-2)

-Alessio Sakara (15-7) vs. Jorge Rivera (19-7)

-Jason Brilz (18-3-1) vs. Vladimir Matyushenko (24-5)

-Pascal Krauss (9-0) vs. TBA

rumored card so far...i imagine the top 4 there to be perhaps make up the main card with a main event to be added on top.

Archived