Monday Night Raw - February 6th 2012 Discussion

ThePhenom

So that was a pretty good Raw I thought, Triple H's opening promo was great. I also thought his stuff with John L. backstage was really funny as well, I hope they don't get rid of John just yet. Big Show Vs. Daniel Bryan was another excellent match whilst it lasted, I was glad that it was cut short like that though as I want them two together at Wrestlemania. They really need to take the title off of CM Punk now though, he isn't getting hardly any reactions, and he's act seems stale. Jericho was good on the mic, and seemed alright in the somewhat flat main event that picked up towards the end. I want him to go back to the long tights though, I think that would be a good step towards walking away from the old "man in the suit" gimmick. I missed Cena, it goes to show when he isn't there that he really is the star of the show. But I did enjoy pretty much all of it. What are your thoughts?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hit and miss for me. Triple H started strong, but was repeating himself too much towards the end. That Undertaker video was awesome, and leaves me wondering what role Shawn Michaels will play come next week. The whole Bryan/Show thing is ticking along rather nicely, and I genuinely want to see Show knock D-Bry's teeth out. Jericho coming out and whinging like a small child didn't do anything for me, feels like his whole return has been wasted really. Punk holding the belt aloft and not saying anything was a touch of genius however. The rest of it was basically filler, although I wonder if Truth will make it to Elimination Chamber, that bump looked nasty!

Horrible night for botches.

I spun the match on so didn't see it till I read it elsewhere but Eve Torres got her nose broken by a sloppy clothesline by Beth Phoenix and then the Miz managed to fuck up and hurt R-Truth as well as going for a double clothesline spot far too early.

He's not having a spell of good form at the moment shall we say.

Two hours of video packages and a dull segment with Jericho and Punk do not a good show make. One of my least favourite raws in quite a long time.

I've not seen the show and yet I already feel like this is the opinion I'll be taking of it.

Punk and Jericho should be feuding over the IC belt, or the World belt in the traditionally sub-standard post-Wrestlemania lull. Punk is one of the worst faces ever.

What the hell are you on about Punk not getting any reactions?! It may not of been as loud last night but overall he's been getting the best face reactions of anyone the last few months.

Fair enough you don't like him, but let's not join the bandwagon of making things up because you don't like him.

Anyway, Jerichos back to being exactly the same as he was before he left, his promo was really funny though, saying ziggler copied him by coming to the ring with a woman, good stuff.

The triple H undertaker thing was fantastic, the story makes so much sense, and theres so many little subtle touches that enhance it, if only they put this much effort into every feud.

I've not seen the show and yet I already feel like this is the opinion I'll be taking of it.

Punk and Jericho should be feuding over the IC belt, or the World belt in the traditionally sub-standard post-Wrestlemania lull. Punk is one of the worst faces ever.

That's a horrible, horrible statement to make. Just awful.

Anyway, not a bad Raw. Certainly not in concept, anyway. Execution is another matter.

Triple H's promo was great, though he gets better with each passing year and has become a master. The first run through of the 'Taker video was good, too.

I thought the Jericho/Punk segment was great. Jericho's all hot because of the young pretenders stealing his legacy and passing it as his own (Jericho claiming to be the first wrestler to come out with a valet made me laugh though), and because someone else claims to be 'best in the world'; CM Punk comes out and doesn't need to talk about being 'best in the world', he just needs to display his proof and at the same time piss Jericho off by nicking the silent thing.

On a Jericho note, I know i'm becoming a poster boy of hate for his return, but it's been shit. Especially now they've swept the whole thing under the carpet; 'Yeah, I trolled you, don't really know why...anyway, back to business...'. It was rubbish at first viewing and in hindsight it's even worst because the whole purpose seems to have been to not have him come back in the same weekend as 'Taker.

Main event was a train wreck, though.

In terms of what I can think of;

- Lawler/Cole completely missing the point of the guys Jericho verbally attacked earlier jumping him, and then not knowing why he was outside.

- Miz fluffing the double clothesline, and making me piss myself laughing.

- R-Truth's slightly painful looking dive to the floor (for 'slightly painful' see; fucking hell)

- Punk chucking himself over the announce table.

- Literally, every call being audible...

That's a horrible, horrible statement to make. Just awful.

In what way is that a horrible statement? I've already read the review of the show on another site, and before reading Butch's comment I'd already assumed that it looked like a hit-and-miss show. After reading a review of the show and spoilers on here, it's actually quite simple to take a shot in the dark at how decent the show was.

If it's better than what I expect it to be, then bonus. If not, so what?

I honestly enjoyed Raw, the announce team were just dire though. Really surprised at no JR. Punks appearence during jerichos promo was brilliant, Punk wasn't getting the best reaction ever but to say he got no reaction at all is a bit silly. And yes, the main event was a total wreck. It was like everyone was working with each other for the first time. I think Punk throwing himself over the table was the funniest bit for me.

Did anyone else notice they switched audio too soon as well while Jericho was celebrating? it wasa good 10/15 seconds of a woman (revealed as eve) to be screaming. At first a just thought someone in the front row REALLY hated jericho winning.

• Paid Members

I think Daz's point is that you should watch the show, then form judgement. I can see what you're saying SuperCena, but he has a point. Reading spoilers does not always translate into how you envision it, give the show a watch.

Otherwise you could end up as the next Dingo Warrior! :cry: And nobody wants that

Yeah people who read wrestling then moan about it as if they watched it annoy the fuck out of me. Watch it THEN moan about it ;)

Shit Raw though.

The only thing I liked on it is they have somehow managed to get mileage off of a Taker mania match that feels like a loss were he didnt actually lose the match. Thats pretty clever. Feels like Taker is gunning for revenge for last years "defeat" but yet the streak remains.

Triple H's promo was great, though he gets better with each passing year and has become a master. The first run through of the 'Taker video was good, too.

Have to agree - Triple H is brilliant whether being serious or having a laugh (last weeks segment with Lauranitus was hilarious due to Hunters great delivery)

My point was that spoilers and read throughs are a rubbish way of gauging the quality of a wrestling programme.

And, even worst, they're a self-fulfilling prophecy because you form an opinion before watching a show and look out for vindications of you predesigned argument. Spoilers are fucking horrible.

I used to be a right cynical cunt when I read spoilers then watched the show. Since i've stopped, and started avoiding the internet in the run up to PPV's, my enjoyment level has gone through the roof. You also find yourself existing outside of the set of stock opinions that snowball thanks to the internet. You remember the Jonathan Ross/Russell Brand thing, where they had like six complaints to begin with, then thousands when the popular opinion was formed in the press? ...yeah, that's a pretty great analogy of wrestling fans these days.

There was a guy on here, who used to even refuse to read peoples reviews of PPV's before he'd posted his own to ensure he hadn't been subconsciously influenced, and they were by a mile the best reviews we used to have on this place.

FUCK SPOILERS.

Archived