THE GREAT ANTI 1PW CONSPIRACY

Guest iamyourtruth

Guest iamyourtruth

I received an email today that is meant to be 'top secret'. It is proof that the UK wrestling business hates 1PW, it is legitimate untouched beyond a shadow of a doubt proof that there is a "clique" in professional wrestling in the United Kingdom that wants to look after itself and that cannot bear and will not allow anyone outside of it to promote for too long. And if this thread gets taken down from here rather quickly, then that is proof that CERTAIN UK promoters have an unhealthy say in what is said and what isn't said on this allegedly unbiased fan forum. Now, here, is this untampered with email, followed by some questions from myself. "Hello all, in receiving this email, you're either a part of this new project that we're about to embark on, or we want you to become a part of it. This email is designed to be saved and looked upon as a reference. The promotions that either myself, or Mike Groom (3CW) have spoken to and expressed an interest in being involved thus far, are: IPW:UK (Daniel Edler) 3CW (Mike Groom) WAW (Ricky Knight) FWA:Academy (Mark Sloan) LDN Wrestling (Sanjay Bagga) RQW (Len Davies) SWA (through Adam Shame) TXW (Triple X Wrestling) The dates, October 27th and 28th, are a Saturday and Sunday, and the venue is a 300 seat WMC 7 miles to the outskirts of Doncaster, with excellent local transport links. We are in no way trying to 'compete' with 1PW - after all, the tag for the whole weekend is "British Wrestling United", and trying to fuck somebody about really doesnt fit in with that! The aim of this project is to create a new title division, which would be respected and developed across the country in the next 12 months. 8 promotions (listed) would start off the involvement, with more promotions joining as and when deemed fit - the idea is to create a National Under 23's title, where wrestlers who are ACTUALLY Under 23 all fight across the country for this accolade. It should be a tool we can use in local media to help draw new fans to our shows, in the same way a big title defence would in this currently climate in MMA or boxing. Run (and RECORD, in decent quality) a 'qualifying match' some time from now until the beginning'ish of October. This match would feature the talent you wish to put foward to the 27th & 28th, and one talent who you would not. It should be promoted locally, on the internet, and at your shows, and made a BIG a deal out of as is possible, to help spread the word about the 27th & 28th. If there's any problem with any of this, let myself or Mike know, asap, and we can either help with the logistics or any queries about it you may have. - Think logically. This is not about putting over fed XYZ, it is about putting over British wrestling, and establishing a title that can be thought of nationwide as a recognisable and respected belt. Please be involved with an open mind. As it's a joint venture, everybody involved gets a say in the workings of the project. Len at RQW has the Reggie Parkes beltmakers on hold at the moment, and it'd be great if Len could perhaps reply-to-all to give us some information about how much it may cost to get a belt made with those guys, and whether everybody else involved would be interested in chipping in the money it would take to get one made. This is now the point at which is throw it open to you guys, for any questions or queries. Please "reply-to-all" with any, though, so as everybody sees the question and the answer."---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- So, my questions are as follows - ** Daniel Edler, Sanjay Bagga, and Mark Sloan - all three have been working with 1PW in some kind of way, shape, or form in recent months. How long have they been working from the inside, collecting 1PW information and waiting for the right time to strike against it? Now seeing that they're working out how to stab Mr Steven Gauntley and 1PW in the back, who in their right and sane mind would want or wish to work with them or feel they could trust them in ANY matter of a business or personal nature? ** And I quote - "We are in no way trying to 'compete' with 1PW". So, I call on the accused here to tell me how deliberately picking a location and venue 7 miles outside of Doncaster when there is a whole United Kingdom to choose from, not competing? And in doing a weekend of shows, which is what 1PW have been known for since the beginning of this year, is this 'not trying to compete' also? ** Quote again - "Think logically. This is not about putting over fed XYZ, it is about putting over British wrestling". No it isn't, it's about a certain clique of promoters who do not have the well being of UK wrestling at heart, but the well being of their own ego's and financial health much closer to their concerns. Steven Gauntley walked in and with help from selected minds, literally TOOK OVER at the top of the scene with no previous background and has done a very successful job. And this has gone down badly with the 'establishment', who can't bear to see anything do well other than themselves. Steven Gauntley, Rosie Gauntley, and the whole 1PW crew from past and present have worked very hard on the promotion and it's success, and this has bothered promoters who think that having rich parents and a sleazy clique of fellow friends are the only things needed to be a successful promoter in this country.This whole thing shows just how bitter, petulant, childish, vindictive and just downright backstabbing the UK wrestling scene really is and why it will never rise to the levels it could, should, and deserves to. So I call on 1PW fans to boycott all the promotions listed above in that email from this moment on, and anyone with a sense of decency and outrage also; to realise that yes, these promotions want you to love British Wrestling, but only as long as it's THEY who are promoting it and not someone outside of their little group. And who am I, the source of all this? This is not relevant in this matter, this is not someone causing trouble through lies as if any of the promoters on the list above are honest then they will come out here and state that the email that was cut and pasted was not changed in any way. I am someone in this business who believes that the UK professional wrestling scene should be an even playing field and whilst this group of people and promoters (and who knows how many were not on this list at time of writing) have any say, wrestling will not be anything more in this country than messed up politics and ego games. I call on you, the wrestling fan who it would be nothing without, show your anger and disgust; and make your voice heard on this matter.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

Im guessing your no longer in the clique then.Who are you oh mysterious one?Edit: Ive just read the whole thing and it doesnt really prove that the UK hates 1PW, it proves that someone wants to create an under 23 title, that would be defended around the country in different promotions, and get maximum coverage and exposure.If the guy sending the email doesnt want 1pw involved, who gives a shit? There not sending pipe bombs through the post are they?

Edited by Rob Lowe

I say, good luck to this project. To hell with 1PW. The promotions stated, from what I gather are BUSINESSES that make money. 1PW, does not.

• Paid Members

I received an email today that is meant to be 'top secret'. It is proof that the UK wrestling business hates 1PW, it is legitimate untouched beyond a shadow of a doubt proof that there is a "clique" in professional wrestling in the United Kingdom that wants to look after itself and that cannot bear and will not allow anyone outside of it to promote for too long. And if this thread gets taken down from here rather quickly, then that is proof that CERTAIN UK promoters have an unhealthy say in what is said and what isn't said on this allegedly unbiased fan forum. Now, here, is this untampered with email, followed by some questions from myself. "Hello all, in receiving this email, you're either a part of this new project that we're about to embark on, or we want you to become a part of it. This email is designed to be saved and looked upon as a reference. The promotions that either myself, or Mike Groom (3CW) have spoken to and expressed an interest in being involved thus far, are: IPW:UK (Daniel Edler) 3CW (Mike Groom) WAW (Ricky Knight) FWA:Academy (Mark Sloan) LDN Wrestling (Sanjay Bagga) RQW (Len Davies) SWA (through Adam Shame) TXW (Triple X Wrestling) The dates, October 27th and 28th, are a Saturday and Sunday, and the venue is a 300 seat WMC 7 miles to the outskirts of Doncaster, with excellent local transport links. We are in no way trying to 'compete' with 1PW - after all, the tag for the whole weekend is "British Wrestling United", and trying to fuck somebody about really doesnt fit in with that! The aim of this project is to create a new title division, which would be respected and developed across the country in the next 12 months. 8 promotions (listed) would start off the involvement, with more promotions joining as and when deemed fit - the idea is to create a National Under 23's title, where wrestlers who are ACTUALLY Under 23 all fight across the country for this accolade. It should be a tool we can use in local media to help draw new fans to our shows, in the same way a big title defence would in this currently climate in MMA or boxing. Run (and RECORD, in decent quality) a 'qualifying match' some time from now until the beginning'ish of October. This match would feature the talent you wish to put foward to the 27th & 28th, and one talent who you would not. It should be promoted locally, on the internet, and at your shows, and made a BIG a deal out of as is possible, to help spread the word about the 27th & 28th. If there's any problem with any of this, let myself or Mike know, asap, and we can either help with the logistics or any queries about it you may have. - Think logically. This is not about putting over fed XYZ, it is about putting over British wrestling, and establishing a title that can be thought of nationwide as a recognisable and respected belt. Please be involved with an open mind. As it's a joint venture, everybody involved gets a say in the workings of the project. Len at RQW has the Reggie Parkes beltmakers on hold at the moment, and it'd be great if Len could perhaps reply-to-all to give us some information about how much it may cost to get a belt made with those guys, and whether everybody else involved would be interested in chipping in the money it would take to get one made. This is now the point at which is throw it open to you guys, for any questions or queries. Please "reply-to-all" with any, though, so as everybody sees the question and the answer."---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- So, my questions are as follows - ** Daniel Edler, Sanjay Bagga, and Mark Sloan - all three have been working with 1PW in some kind of way, shape, or form in recent months. How long have they been working from the inside, collecting 1PW information and waiting for the right time to strike against it? Now seeing that they're working out how to stab Mr Steven Gauntley and 1PW in the back, who in their right and sane mind would want or wish to work with them or feel they could trust them in ANY matter of a business or personal nature? ** And I quote - "We are in no way trying to 'compete' with 1PW". So, I call on the accused here to tell me how deliberately picking a location and venue 7 miles outside of Doncaster when there is a whole United Kingdom to choose from, not competing? And in doing a weekend of shows, which is what 1PW have been known for since the beginning of this year, is this 'not trying to compete' also? ** Quote again - "Think logically. This is not about putting over fed XYZ, it is about putting over British wrestling". No it isn't, it's about a certain clique of promoters who do not have the well being of UK wrestling at heart, but the well being of their own ego's and financial health much closer to their concerns. Steven Gauntley walked in and with help from selected minds, literally TOOK OVER at the top of the scene with no previous background and has done a very successful job. And this has gone down badly with the 'establishment', who can't bear to see anything do well other than themselves. Steven Gauntley, Rosie Gauntley, and the whole 1PW crew from past and present have worked very hard on the promotion and it's success, and this has bothered promoters who think that having rich parents and a sleazy clique of fellow friends are the only things needed to be a successful promoter in this country.This whole thing shows just how bitter, petulant, childish, vindictive and just downright backstabbing the UK wrestling scene really is and why it will never rise to the levels it could, should, and deserves to. So I call on 1PW fans to boycott all the promotions listed above in that email from this moment on, and anyone with a sense of decency and outrage also; to realise that yes, these promotions want you to love British Wrestling, but only as long as it's THEY who are promoting it and not someone outside of their little group. And who am I, the source of all this? This is not relevant in this matter, this is not someone causing trouble through lies as if any of the promoters on the list above are honest then they will come out here and state that the email that was cut and pasted was not changed in any way. I am someone in this business who believes that the UK professional wrestling scene should be an even playing field and whilst this group of people and promoters (and who knows how many were not on this list at time of writing) have any say, wrestling will not be anything more in this country than messed up politics and ego games. I call on you, the wrestling fan who it would be nothing without, show your anger and disgust; and make your voice heard on this matter.

Really? Reeaaallllyy?

So.... Why not bring this up with the people directly (Who for the most part post on here) instead of posting this private email about the inner-workings of the industry on a fans public forum?

• Paid Members

So.... Why not bring this up with the people directly (Who for the most part post on here) instead of posting this private email about the inner-workings of the industry on a fans public forum?

I odnt mind, its making me laugh. Its been a good morning up to now for laughter.

• Paid Members

So I call on 1PW fans to boycott all the promotions listed above in that email

Not sure about that, Im thinking of boycotting this forum though, due to the large amount of sad fuckers that seem to be around these days.No scrap that, Lame people should not drive me out, I should drive out the lame! Can the lovely mods start warming up the banned button please. These 'forum wars' are so bad it hurts.

I odnt mind, its making me laugh. Its been a good morning up to now for laughter.

True, from this letter to Gauntley telling people to fuck off, this has probably been the greatest morning in the history of this great sport! [/schiavone] Edited by Natural Born Thrilla

First off, I doubt that any of the promotions listed there are part of a conspiracy to kill off 1PW. Some of them might have agreed in principle to the idea of an interpromotional title, but if you think companies like SWA, who have no direct competition with 1PW, harbour some sort of grudge against the company and deliberately set out to destroy it, well that's a little paranoid.Secondly, I have some doubts about some of the names listed there. For one thing, one of the guys listed isn't the owner/booker/promoter of the promotion he's affilliated with.Third - COMPETITION IS A GOOD AND HEALTHY THING! In any field competition forces companies to make better products, provide better services, improve their marketing, increase efficiency etc. A little more competitiveness could be the kick up the backside that British wrestling needs. There's more money in British wrestling than anyone's currently making. You could argue a number of reasons as to why that's the case, but competition can be the driving force that propels a whole industry forward.

what the hell is this twat on about, i have been approached about a project, which is an excellent project imo for uk wrestling, nothing more nothing less, i have put my name to nout yet as all i have is a 3 minute summary over a drink and found the idea interesting. How does 1PW effect me in anyway shape or form, i have been running 13 yrs against all opposition and have no beef with 1PW whatsoever. BTW i was driving lady Di's car in france you muppet.