UKFF Skyrim Thread

Kata Ha Jime

Well seems like the 360 thread has already been consumed by this so, it deserves a thread.

Just to talk about the game, your own progress, the paths you are taking, what you are doing.

Maybe you need help with something, don't know what to do with being a SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Werewolf

, then c'mon down!

Right, may as well start.

At the moment I'm a level 13 Breton currently in Whiterun after joining the Bards in Solitude. Never attracted Dragons until a few nights ago and today when one attacked a village. I have not done a lot, only just started using magic (Conjuring) and I tend to use ye olde run in and smash things with a hammer technique. Though I will be changing to sneaking with a bow and daggers seeing as I chose the thief stone.

So, here it is, enjoy.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome thread! I got the game for Christmas on the PS3 and so far have only had an hour or two on it due to drunkeness, tiredness and work so the moment I get a day or two off I'm gonna get immersed. What I have played so far, and it's very very minimal I have quite enjoyed. I was a massive fan of The Elder Scrolls and at the moment my initial opinion (and it's not based on much) is I prefer TES. But, as with any Oblivion game I'm overawed at the size of the friggin' thing so I've a feeling this thread may just get a hammering from me.

• Paid Members

Never played any Elder Scrolls, or any game like this before.

Currently, I'm a level 17 Redguard, and have just taken down Ulfric, and am ready for some more questing. My main battle strategy right now is to conjure a Flame Atronach, then steam in with a Dwarfen sword of fire and alternating between flames and healing with the other hand. If things get really hairy, I'll use a flame cloak. My main issue right now is that Lydia keeps dying, and I don't want that. Also, need to start with non-combat skills like mining, smithing, and enchanting.

• Paid Members

This was high on my Xmas list, didn't get it :(

Sending back my lovefilm rental so I can get this ASAP. Lord knows how long I've waited, I deliberately didn't buy or rent it when it came out so it gave the missus an idea for Xmas. Damn women.

So, in short, I'll be all over this thread before long.

The glitches in this game are fucking killing me. I played for a few hours earlier and ended up finishing a quest where the payoff was a type of armour I can't use and it didn't even trigger the end of the mission so it's another one that's just stuck forever in my menu.

I'm a level 47 nord. Just got my smithing and enchanting up to 100 so I'm rocking my double enchanted dragon armor. From being owned by everything at the beginning to now having an armor rating of 481 feels good. My archery is my main weapon of choice, thats nearly at 100 now too. Been concentrating on the main quest for the last couple of hours as I've been doing pretty much everything else since the beginning.

• Paid Members
I'm a level 47 nord. Just got my smithing and enchanting up to 100 so I'm rocking my double enchanted dragon armor. From being owned by everything at the beginning to now having an armor rating of 481 feels good. My archery is my main weapon of choice, thats nearly at 100 now too. Been concentrating on the main quest for the last couple of hours as I've been doing pretty much everything else since the beginning.

virtually identical, I'm level 44 and also rocking some double enchanted dragon armour. I rely more on destruction magic and my glass sword instead of a bow. I still have so much to do too, 76 hours in and I still haven't touched the thieves guild or civil war quests.

Have only played it for a few hours but am currently a level 5 Nord. I've just been doing a few quests around Morthal at the moment and have just been rewarded by the Jarl. On the way over from Whiterun I lucked out and had what I presume was a random encounter whereby some bandits were posing as Imperial Guards, so I was able to get some fairly hassle free Imperial Armour. I also encountered my first frost troll on the journey to Morthal. Came across some big ruin in the mountains (Labyrinthian?) and saw one there. Tried to attack a few times but got pummeled, so ended up running away and dropping off the edge of the ruin so it, and it's chum who'd joined him, couldn't follow me anymore.

Played quite a bit today, got it on PC but still playing with an 360 pad.

Got to level 23 from 12 today, finished off the companions and started the thieves' guild. Started dual wielding swords now and got my Smithing up to 63, so I can upgrade better weapons and armour now.

Have to start again due to a console switch around but at the time I stopped my last playthrough I was level 45 Khajiit mostly centered on dueling a blade with a destruction spell with high alchemy, sneak and lockpick. Capped off the main quest, the Civil War [siding with the empire although I expect I would have regretted it and seen things from the other side either way], the Brotherhood and became a rather flash Archmage of the College Of Winterhold.

The main quest ...

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

... I felt let down by. It seemed relatively short with too much going back to the same places. And once dragons start talking my god, kill me now. They all remind me of Treebeard from the LOTR. And don't they just not fuck off at the end anyway? From a gameplay standpoint it makes sense but doesn't it piss all over the point of the story? And it does become routine to fight them at the end when you can floor them all within seconds and just go up and hack away at their gigantic static heads. The Nord heaven at the end was absoloutely awesome though. Cool music with the best err ... sky ... I've ever seen in a game.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I've also realised I have a tendancy to automatically get caught up in role playing within the games culture like a right nerd. I'll go through periods of Daedric quests being really evil then I'll make up for it by helping a brother out for awhile. I done this in Oblivion too where I would do the main quest, become champion of Cyrodiil then retire to Bravil to do some thieving to fund a crippling Skooma addiction.

• Paid Members

I really do need to start playing this again; I got distracted by WWE '12 and haven't played since. I oddly kept on waiting for a major swerve/heel turn in the whole SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

werewolf thing

I really do need to start playing this again; I got distracted by WWE '12 and haven't played since. I oddly kept on waiting for a major swerve/heel turn in the whole SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

werewolf thing

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

That was a really crap questline, I thought. I'd have loved a traditional fighters guild story instead the basic idea of it seemed to be "right lads let's hammer the shit out of people who don't like werewolves". I just felt like a thug in it.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Archived