Raw Discussion 20/2/12 *SPOILERS*

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

John Cena just made WrestleMania a must watch. Fucking best promo of the year so far. Probably the best promo he's done in years. Last year and at Survivor Series, he's just laughed and eat all the Rock's shit and looked like a complete goon, if I'm honest. They've finally got serious with this Rock vs Cena bout. Now I'm excited.

Discuss.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was more taken in by the Taker/HHH stuff, started out alittle awkward when Taker was on the mic alone but soon became brilliant when Trips came out. Was not expecting HIAC in the slightest, WM is in an open-air stadium right? The enclosure they'll be putting up to hold up the cage must be goliath.

I'm guessing Barrett's arm injury was legit? It'll be a gutter for him to get injured this close to Mania. Couldn't have helped with Santino landing on it either when eliminated, pretty poor from Rhodes/Santino they could've done it further away.

Anyway, pretty good show overall I thought. My excitement for Mania has probably trebled since yesterday.

EDIT: Just read that Barrett has indeed suffered a dislocated elbow which is anywhere from 6 weeks onwards healing time, looks like he is missing Mania this year.

Anyway, pretty good show overall I thought. My excitement for Mania has probably trebled since yesterday.

EDIT: Just read that Barrett has indeed suffered a dislocated elbow which is anywhere from 6 weeks onwards healing time, looks like he is missing Mania this year.

Barrett wouldn't have been doing anything of note at Mania anway, he would just have been throw in the MITB match and got lost in the shuffle the same as countless others will.

Cena/Rock and HHH/Taker have me sold though, looking forward to see how they construct HITC at a outdoor stadium.

GIF of Wade Barrett's injury:

tumblr_lzq7kwTMYS1r2ahfqo1_400.gif

Shame, I like Wade.

The best thing about RAW for me was The Undertaker/Triple H segment. I loved the lines The Undertaker used to provoke Triple H into accepting a match at WrestleMania XXVIII: "Hunter, I just figured it out. You know that you can

John Cena just made WrestleMania a must watch. Fucking best promo of the year so far. Probably the best promo he's done in years. Last year and at Survivor Series, he's just laughed and eat all the Rock's shit and looked like a complete goon, if I'm honest. They've finally got serious with this Rock vs Cena bout. Now I'm excited.

Discuss.

Bang on. Undertaker and Triple H's bit was fine (although Triple H changing his mind that quickly/easily was a bit flimsy. As a great man said in chat: "lol no. wait what u say bout hbk???"), but Cena showed why he's the top dog. Excellent stuff. I'll never catch him in the next man's sweater, anyway.

On a down note, it's a shame that they seemed to do away with Santino so quickly. Shame for Barrett as well. I'd rather anyone else to have won the battle royal than Jericho.

• Paid Members

Well I fucking loved that. Apart from the obligatory women's match, it was shit-hot from top to bottom.

Eve's acting bordered on hokey but she was a cracking set-up for some Cena zingers~~!

Taker was outstanding. Most under-rated promo guy in the biz I'd say. Trips held his own. Couple of cracking lines that turned the heat right up. I'd have had Trips walk out after the HBK line because I think that would've been a great pivot point to carry it on next week. They obviously wanted/needed to get it in the bag. For the last couple of minutes, you could see Hell in a Cell coming but I was convinced they were going to let us down with some career ending tosh instead. But no, they delivered. A gimmick match that fits, has reason and purpose? Blimey.

I quite like the Truth/Kofi tag team. I just think it'd be nice to make them connect before they beat the tag champs. Then it'd mean something. Jackson/Otunga was shit but played perfectly into the Long/Ace thing. Jackson is in trouble here.

Cena's second promo was as good as Ian says in the OP. Absolute money. And right on the bubble too. The only frustrating thing is that come June, they'll be writing tedious shit for JC again. Must remember this one come award season. Too many people forgot his awesome rebuttal to the Rock last year. This was even better.

Not a fan of having #1 contenders Battle Royals that water down the Royal Rumble concept. I did like the match though and loved the Rhodes/Show angle it made. Pity about Barrett if true. Get well soon.

Only complaint I have is about Sheamus. Nice idea to have him beat Henry who was a big name last year. Personally though, I'd like to see them take him off TV for a month and film vignettes of him. I'd take him back to Ireland, see who he is, see how he made it to WWE, see him working on his grappling ready to face Bryan and see him developing his power and his fire. He's a bit lost in the shuffle at the moment, they could really develop the character and the meaning of the match to him, they've got the time.

I don't understand how anyone can cheer for The Rock over Cena now, that was a superb promo. He was bang on about everything. I wish Cena's promos were like that all the time, instead of either 100% goofy or 100% grrrr, I'm shouty and angry.

I thought the HHH/Taker bit went on a tad too long and they probably should have teased it out for another week or two, but the promise of those two at Wrestlemania in HiaC has me all giddy. It should be awesome.

The Eve stuff at the beginning was just hilariously bad. "Hey guys, bad weather amiright? Oh by the way, I'm evil now lol and I'll just say all of this oblivious to the massive camera stuck in my face and the hulking muscle man stood 2 feet behind me. Derp." TNA do backstage stuff so much better than WWE it's not even funny.

That was an excellent show, lightyears ahead of Elimination Chamber! The Undertaker and Triple H finally bringing back the Hell In A Cell to the level it belongs, an iconic feud ender. It's gonna be great. Brilliant mic work by both men. The opening segment with John Cena and Eve has to be mentioned for how well acted it was, it was fully believable and not at all corny. Now the big question is, what goes on last? John Cena Vs The Rock or a Hell In A Cell match with Undertaker Vs Triple H? I know I wouldn't want to gamble and be in charge of that decision.

Sheamus Vs Mark Henry was a good match, it made me interested in Sheamus again which is good. Hopefully there will be some more development on Smackdown. The Battle Royal was really fun as well, the best normal battle royal I have seen in a long time. CM Punk was pretty good on commentary, and out of the choices in the match, I am glad it's Jericho that he's facing. All I want from them now is a good match and a decent reason to get into it. They have 5 weeks to come up with something, so I'll give them a fair chance. Great work by all involved though last night.

That was an excellent show, lightyears ahead of Elimination Chamber! The Undertaker and Triple H finally bringing back the Hell In A Cell to the level it belongs, an iconic feud ender. It's gonna be great.

Don't get me wrong, i can't wait for HITC at Mania, it's just a shame we have seen 7 HITC matches in the last 3 years, it's watered it down some what.

I'm guessing Cena/Rock will still go on last.

• Paid Members
Now the big question is, what goes on last? John Cena Vs The Rock or a Hell In A Cell match with Undertaker Vs Triple H? I know I wouldn't want to gamble and be in charge of that decision.

There is zero chance anything other than Cena/Rock is going on last. They've announced it a year ahead of time and it's been promoted as the biggest match of all time.

Don't get me wrong, i can't wait for HITC at Mania, it's just a shame we have seen 7 HITC matches in the last 3 years, it's watered it down some what.

I'm guessing Cena/Rock will still go on last.

I'm hoping this is the end of the Hell In A Cell PPV, I will forget about all of those lame matches if they give us a match to remember at Wrestlemania.

The moment wrestlers have to go off-script, it just shows how stupid some of them are.

Wade Barrett is outside on the floor getting tended to for a genuine injury, so the one thing they shouldn't do is eliminate someone out that side of the ring. But because the script of the match presumably called for it, they went and did it anyway and Marella then landed on the floor and then onto Wade.

Just so stupid.

Apart from that though, it was a very enjoyable show.

I was looking for the Undertaker to reveal his short hair/bald head. I thought they might have been going in the direction of him 'ruining' his own brand (which is what Triple H referred to him as last week) by changing his look. Maybe they still will.

Great promo by Cena as well. As someone said, I can't see how the Rock can be the face when Cena is clearly in the right.

^It's in Miami. Like Hogan in Toronto, it doesn't matter what Rock does or Cena says in the build-up, when the music hits, The Rock is the face.

Eve's acting was terrible but Cena's putdowns to her were immense. HHH and Taker segment gave me legitimate chills. Apart from that, decent show but not mindblowing.

I liked Cena getting intense with his Rock promo, but I'm not sure what it's meant to accomplish. Why bury the biggest star to return in years with legitimate issues and make it crystal clear that he's going to fuck off after Mania's done?

• Paid Members

I wonder, with the introduction of 'the memory remains', and the 'apocalyptic warrior' term being used for his new T shirt, if this is the next evolution of the Undertaker character, a bald slightly half dead man, half biker (though without the actual motorbike), mad max universe-esque figure.

Archived