DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest KANO_THE_MYSTIC

Well lets see I bought Edward Scissor hands caus it was on sale and I gotta say its quite a simple film but It is really good , I also got wedding singer , Highlander , and Im gonna buy ITV World of Sport : Wrestling Ive seen it for Five pounds :)

Crash is awesome. I watched Friday Night Lights the other night as I am a big Peter Berg (the director of this, Welcome To The Jungle and Very Bad Things, he's also done a lot of acting) fan and I thought it was excellent. It's set in 1988 and it's about a real American football high school team. It's well worth watching. Seeing as this could generate some debate, I'm going to post my current top 5 best and worst films of 2005 in no real order.Top Five BestSin CityThe DescentCrashMillion Dollar BabySidewaysTop Five WorstBatman BeginsAlexanderCharlie And The Chocolate FactoryHostageHide And Seek

Guest DanielFullard

Batman Begins wasnt that bad. It was poor but it is no where near this years 5 worstAnd I see youre on the Million Dollar Baby band Wagon too. It aint that great

I watched the film Dreamcatcher on Friday night, it was dubbed in french, but i understood most of it, not a good film though, it didn't seem to go anywhere for me.

And I see youre on the Million Dollar Baby band Wagon too. It aint that great

Bandwagon? Ha. I just appreciate an excellent film is all.
Can i ask a question about this film?
SPOILER
Does Hilary Swanks character die in the movie?

Guest DanielFullard

So why are you watching Million dollar baby then?

So why are you watching Million dollar baby then?
Less of the smart shit, it doesn't suit you. Million Dollar Baby is a great story, told at the right pace with some truly astounding acting. If you'd rather Batman Begins, that's your problem.And Ashley, the answer to your question is: "Yes."

Having noticed it in Mr. Sevens' sig, this morning i decided to watch Fight Club.I was expecting a testosterone-fuelled, gratuitously voilent, "Lads" movie.I was wrong.I really enjoyed it, & "the twist", oh my god!THAT i didn't see coming!

Having noticed it in Mr. Sevens' sig, this morning i decided to watch Fight Club.I was expecting a testosterone-fuelled, gratuitously voilent, "Lads" movie.I was wrong.I really enjoyed it, & "the twist", oh my god!THAT i didn't see coming!

Excellent. I'm glad you liked, it's my favourite film of all time. A lot of people think it's just as you said, a "testosterone-fuelled, gratuitously voilent, "Lads" movie", but it really is so much more.I reccommend you read the book too. It's only about 200 pages and there's a few interesting differences from the film in it too.