John Tenta passes away

Garrett

John "Earthquake" Tenta passes awayJune 7, 2006 John "Earthquake" Tenta passed away this morning at the age of 42 after a lengthy battle with bladder cancer. Tenta is survived by his wife and three kids.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah man, that sucks. I know John had been battling with cancer for a long time and despite him never giving up, he never seemed to get the better of it.Its a shame, Tenta was a good big guy, never great, but he did a passable job of what he was there for. My earliest memory of him would be a story I heard of him killing a kid in Canada by sitting on him :laugh: Not true of course, but I believed it as a kid.RIP 'Quake.

Edited by Natural Born Thrilla

One of wrestlings true great big men. Could move around the ring very well for a big guy. As a single wrestler he was fantastic and I loved his stuff with Hogan and again with Yokozuna in 93. The face off between them two in the 1993 Royal Rumble is a fond memory of mine watching WWF TV as a kid. I mostly loved him as part of one of my most favourite tag teams in WWF. The Natural Disasters were a great tag team and despite what others may say these days, they were over. Their fued with LOD was great. Just to see two guys that would normally throw their opponents around and just couldn't due to the sheer size of them was a great draw in my mind. Rest in Peace, you will be remembered as one of my most favourite childhood wrestlers.RIP John Tenta.