Should WWE sign The Young Bucks?

Oliver

From a practical standpoint, Matt and Nick Jackson have pissed off one of WWE's prominent employers (Booker T)

But I think The Young Bucks are an incredibly talented tag team who have a load of slick and flashy maneuvers which are a lot of fun to watch. In TNA I thought their spoiled kids gimmick showed promise and they're currently looking good in ROH as 'rock stars.' I would far sooner see them as the tag champions than the completely nondescript Primo and Epico. They would be ideal opponents for Air Boom.

One downside would be their 'More bang for your Buck' sequence completely taking the shine off Justin Gabriel's 450. But in my opinion, if the performers can do something that's better than another performer, I say let them.

What are your thoughts?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. They're skinny, they're shit and they have no psychology whatsoever. For all the problems I could find with WWE signing the Briscoe Brothers, they at least have a personality and have something that the fans can get into other than 'something flippy'. I'm pretty sure that I could beat up The Young Bucks just by looking at them.

So yeah, absolutely not.

Nah. If we still lived in jobber times, they'd be awesome at getting thrown around by the stars a la the Hardy Boys between 94-98. As it is, I don't see what value they have unless they've VASTLY improved since they left TNA. Guys like Trent Baretta and Tyson Kidd fit this sort of role in modern day WWE, and work rings round Jezza and Max.

• Paid Members
One downside would be their 'More bang for your Buck' sequence completely taking the shine off Justin Gabriel's 450. But in my opinion, if the performers can do something that's better than another performer, I say let them.

Justin Gabriel is a good looking dude with a decent physique and a flashy outfit. If you saw that Bang For Your Buck move 60 times a year, it wouldnt be special anymore, because their lack of physiques, no selling, 12 year old boy faces, 15 year old girls hair and Marty Jannetty's trousers will eventually put you off.

And Justin Gabriel has Hornswoggle. You have a flyer and a midget in that team. As opposed to two flying midgets.

young-bucks-tna-superstar-2_display_image.jpg

"WE'RE GOING TO WRESTLEMANIA BABY" - OH WRITTEN IN THE STARS ...

• Paid Members
I would far sooner see them as the tag champions than the completely nondescript Primo and Epico. They would be ideal opponents for Air Boom.

For me i find Primo and Epico great in the ring probably one the best tag teams I've seen recently. You can only call them no descript due to not getting any promo time (Which the Young Bucks wouldn't get or any other tag team actually.)

So the question is would the Young Bucks do any better than Primo and Epico under the circumstances? No is my answer.

• Paid Members
From a practical standpoint, Matt and Nick Jackson have pissed off one of WWE's prominent employers (Booker T)

But I think The Young Bucks are an incredibly talented tag team who have a load of slick and flashy maneuvers which are a lot of fun to watch. In TNA I thought their spoiled kids gimmick showed promise and they're currently looking good in ROH as 'rock stars.' I would far sooner see them as the tag champions than the completely nondescript Primo and Epico. They would be ideal opponents for Air Boom.

What are your thoughts?

Any move the Bucks can do Promo and Epico can do. The problem is WWE only allows wrestlers to do certain moves and work a certain style. If a team gets booted from TNA then there is no chance they will make it in WWE. More so if they look like children.

Justin Gabriel is a good looking dude with a decent physique and a flashy outfit. If you saw that Bang For Your Buck move 60 times a year, it wouldnt be special anymore, because their lack of physiques, no selling, 12 year old boy faces, 15 year old girls hair and Marty Jannetty's trousers will eventually put you off.

And Justin Gabriel has Hornswoggle. You have a flyer and a midget in that team. As opposed to two flying midgets.

young-bucks-tna-superstar-2_display_image.jpg

"WE'RE GOING TO WRESTLEMANIA BABY" - OH WRITTEN IN THE STARS ...

I was going to write an articulate and witty response, but I'll just quote this. They are awful. In fairness I've never seen them on the Indies, but in TNA they were terrible, I love high flying wrestling, but its guys like them that have ruined it. There is no art, its just "lets do this, because we can and it'll be cool" there is no psychology to them at all from what I've seen. If they turned up in WWE fans would actually laugh at them, they look 15 year olds who dress up as the Hardys.

and Primo and Epico are great (and Rosa :love: ) while yes they don't do much, but its partly WWE's fault as as far as I'm aware they never done a promo and never been given a whole lot of time to get over etc etc. Can't see the Young Bucks changing that.

edit, in fairness the guy on the left (Max?) looks at least like he has muscles which is a start I guess.

I would far sooner see them as the tag champions than the completely nondescript Primo and Epico. They would be ideal opponents for Air Boom.

For me i find Primo and Epico great in the ring probably one the best tag teams I've seen recently. You can only call them no descript due to not getting any promo time (Which the Young Bucks wouldn't get or any other tag team actually.)

So the question is would the Young Bucks do any better than Primo and Epico under the circumstances? No is my answer.

The lack of promo time they've gotten is one thing, but their look is extremely ordinary and they don't stand out. The Young Bucks look very boyish and wear these shit eating grins which I feel would provoke people more than the current tag champs do.

• Paid Members

The only thing that they're good at is being shit on all levels. "They're business exposingly terrible, piss offence, awful look, no grasp of psychology, and the worst facial expressions in the business" sums it up but I'll add they also come across as lads that still have baths together whilst their Mum scrubs them.

The lack of promo time they've gotten is one thing, but their look is extremely ordinary and they don't stand out. The Young Bucks look very boyish and wear these shit eating grins which I feel would provoke people more than the current tag champs do.

That's not a good thing, you don't want wrestlers who look like their balls still haven't dropped.

• Paid Members
The Young Bucks look very boyish and wear these shit eating grins which I feel would provoke people more than the current tag champs do.

That is not a good reason to employ someone as a professional wrestler!

I'd want to see them get squashed by a couple of big fellas and that's the only capacity I'd ever want to see them in.

Archived