WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

• Awards Moderator

Haven't had any decent game-related chat for a while. As we have "what are you listening to?", "what are you watching?", I thought we'd have one for games.So, what are you playing? What's top and what's poop?Currently I'm really into Lego Star Wars on PS2. I bought this primarily for my four year old, but I keep sneaking goes into the night. It's terribly easy but so much fun. It captures so much Star Wars spirit it's difficult not to enjoy it.The only problem with it is it is split into three chapters: Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. I have completed the first two and gone back through the levels looking for all the extras and found them. I now face a dilemma: do I go through ROTS and encounter spoilers aplenty, which I've avoided for three years so far or do I blow it all with only a two week wait left? Decisions.I also played Burnout 3 on Xbox recently and was shocked how much I enjoyed it. I think racing games should be burned at the stake but this pleasantly surprised me. Might well purchase it.

Edited by Black2

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NBA 2005

If anyone else on these boards has this game, they will know that it is simply awesome! So realistic and the gameplay is addictive as hell, perhaps too addictive as i keep missing uni deadlines :(

Still plowing my way through careers on Fifa 2005 & Tiger Woods 2005. When I've got my buddies round we always play Free 4 All mode on NHL 2005. So much fun and so addictive.

I was real dissapointed with NHL 2005, just seemed way too easy.

My ps2 is busted at the moment, full of dust I think. The only game I can play at the moment is Promotion Wars that i downloaded, its good but I tend to get bored with the promotions after a while unless I bring in lots of new people or swap to a new fed entirely.www.promotionwars.co.uk

Guest rage against the wwe

Final Fantasy X (PS2)I'm currently still at the Snubia desert near the Al Baed home. Tis a mega fun game & is satisfing ( sp?) to see your characters stats grow :D Tiger Woods 2005 (PS2)Meh, I havent really got far. But, I'am keeping at it Tis a great & fun game overall :thumbsup: RATWWE.

Just finished Knights of the Old Rebublic II and playing through the first one.Punisher is fun but gets old quick unless you play with the cheats to get some versatility out of it.Bought Fable. Pish.

• Paid Members

I've been mostly playing Pro Evo 4. The fixture schedule in my household is gruelling, there's little time for anything else.

Still, stuff I've played a bit of since the last gaming thread came up:

Wario Ware: Touched!: Almost, almost as good as GBA wario ware. Incredibly addictive, highscore-tastic. Tap tap tap, rub rub, scribble, scribble etc. The blowing into the microphone games are utterly crap though.

Metal Slug 1-5/X via Neo Geo emulator. Myself and friend, pad each, ten credits, see how far we get. Great fun

Wind Jammers, also via Neo Geo emu. Pong with added shazam.

Occasional multiplayer bouts of Dream mix TV world fighters (Shameless smash brothers clone from Konami) and Guilty Gear: Isuka (Guilty Gear XX with one more character and four player mode). Halo, Halo 2 and Sega Soccer slam also see multiplayer action.

Silent hill 4 - This is the first Silent Hill game that's come dangerously close to falling into the "never to be finished" pile. I don't dislike it, I'm a huge fan of the series and survival horror in general, but again the Pro Evo 4 schedule is eating up the gaming time. Bujingai suffered a similar fate, I haven't progressed on that in ages, but then every time I load it up I just play the first level again to try and chain the entire stage into one big combo. It is definitely do-able.

As an aside I'm slowly building up my ultimate MUGEN set up. For those who don't know, it's a 2D beatemup engine for the PC that gives you a front end, some basic options, a character select screen, some menus and one default character. The idea is to create your own fighters and build your own game. However, as I'm not nearly talented enough to do this, I'm reliant on the frankly awesome development community to provide conversions of almost every character from every 2d beat em up you care to name.

So.. I've downloaded a swanky skin and a giant character select screen with slots for 200+ characters, and I'm going through the process of adding my favourites from every 2D fighter I can think of. I'm giving each character a unique stage (their own from their game of origin if I can find it) and music from my MP3 collection, though again a lot of them have their own theme music (especially the streetfighter lot).

So far I've included the vast majority of characters from Streetfighter, King of Fighters, Guilty Gear X, Samurai Showdown, Last Blade, Garou:MOTW, Rage of the dragons, Melty Blood, Darkstalkers, Xmen/Marvel series and many more. It'll take a long time to weed out those I don't like (Maxima from KOF won't last long) and settle on a final roster, but my aim is for it to be the ultimate 2D beatemup set up.

Final Fantasy X (PS2)I'm currently still at the Snubia desert near the Al Baed home. Tis a mega fun game & is satisfing ( sp?) to see your characters stats grow :D RATWWE.

I gave up on finding the Cacti :( Great game if a little easy- saying that ive still only completed 66%

I'm too skint to buy new games, so I'm variously playing:-* Burnout (which I'm crap at, but really enjoy)* Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven (which I absolutely fucking suck at and am rapidly going off)* Metal Gear Solid (stuck on the fight with Metal Gear REX)* VPW2 (quite possibly my favourite-ist game ever)Long commuting journeys are made more bearable by Lemmings and Sensible Soccer on my mobile and I've also just started C&C: Red Alert 2 on my PC, as I had a hankering for some RTS.

Playing a lot of Touken Retsuden 4 at the moment, plus Giant Gram 2000. Also dipping in and out of random SNES games I have emulated on the PC, of which there are a lot so its rarely the same one twice (though Tetris Battle Gaiden rules!)

As an aside I'm slowly building up my ultimate MUGEN set up. For those who don't know, it's a 2D beatemup engine for the PC that gives you a front end, some basic options, a character select screen, some menus and one default character. The idea is to create your own fighters and build your own game. However, as I'm not nearly talented enough to do this, I'm reliant on the frankly awesome development community to provide conversions of almost every character from every 2d beat em up you care to name.So.. I've downloaded a swanky skin and a giant character select screen with slots for 200+ characters, and I'm going through the process of adding my favourites from every 2D fighter I can think of. I'm giving each character a unique stage (their own from their game of origin if I can find it) and music from my MP3 collection, though again a lot of them have their own theme music (especially the streetfighter lot). So far I've included the vast majority of characters from Streetfighter, King of Fighters, Guilty Gear X, Samurai Showdown, Last Blade, Garou:MOTW, Rage of the dragons, Melty Blood, Darkstalkers, Xmen/Marvel series and many more. It'll take a long time to weed out those I don't like (Maxima from KOF won't last long) and settle on a final roster, but my aim is for it to be the ultimate 2D beatemup set up.

:omg:>sticks it on the download list<EDIT: Phil, how much SNES stuff did I give you? A selection or the whole 3 DVD set? Edited by gwailofilms

Currently Playing:

Forza Motorsport (Xbox): The Xbox answer to GT4. And bah God its a good one. IMO it just edges past GT4 in pretty much all areas. The graphics are very good (not amazing, but VERY good). The gameplay is fantastic, and it even includes a realistic damage model (something that has always been lacking in GT games). It should take me a while to get all the way through, but I'm looking forward to it!

Area 51 (Xbox): Very Halo-y in terms of gameplay and graphics. Very good game though, backed up with a good (yet often annoying) story. It has people such as Maralyn Mason and 'Mr Monotone' David Duchovney providing voices. Its comming out on PS2, Xbox and PC this month. If you like Halo type games, i suggest you check this one out!

• Awards Moderator

As an aside I'm slowly building up my ultimate MUGEN set up. For those who don't know, it's a 2D beatemup engine for the PC that gives you a front end, some basic options, a character select screen, some menus and one default character. The idea is to create your own fighters and build your own game. However, as I'm not nearly talented enough to do this, I'm reliant on the frankly awesome development community to provide conversions of almost every character from every 2d beat em up you care to name.

How in the hadoken have I not heard of this? Where the fuck where the fuck where the fuck link it up?I found mugennation.com - is that the best place?Shame on you for not feeling the Maxima love :angry:p_maxima01.jpg