AJ Styles a better opponent than Shawn Michaels?

DarrenWood

• Paid Members

Of course he'd say that - he's not going to put a retired guy who was WWF/E "4 life" over a current guy who's TNA through-and-through, is he? He plays the game, that one.

I'll say this, though - his match with Michaels, whilst excellent, is severely over-rated. Wouldn't put it over, say, Angle vs. Benoit (RR), Angle vs. Austin (SS01), or Michaels' comeback against Trips, Michaels vs. Jericho or Michaels vs. Undertaker.

• Paid Members
His matches against Styles have been consistantly better than his matches with Shawn Michaels. That doesnt make him better than Michaels, and he never even said it did. Kurt I assume gets to lead the match as well, being the veteran, which I'm sure he prefers.

Not my point, which was that, even if he DID prefer Michaels to AJ, he wouldn't say it right now, would he?

I imagine Kurt has also worked with AJ loads more than he ever did with Michaels. They had a handful of matches that were all very entertaining, but Kurt and AJ had been involved with each other on and off for years now.

One of AJ's greatest strengths (much like Michaels) is his ability to have great matches with virtually anyone, and often giving people their finest matches. Turds like Abyss have had great matches with AJ!

• Paid Members
Did I say it was your point? You hadnt even posed by the time, I began replying.

Your post landed three minutes after mine. I simply mistook your post as a reply to mine, that's all. No way to know you'd begun replying before I'd posted; I don't know how fast you type.

• Paid Members

Reading the posts, it's quite clear Ians is just a general reply to the original topic point though.

Not that there is much of a point there anyway. There is perhaps a discussion to be had in who's better, AJ or Michaels (although the answer there is obvious).

Archived