Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

Jesus Christ, I can't see for looking on the wwe network, I don't know where to start, with all the content available! Just wondered what you peeps would recommend to watch first from the ppvs?! Which are the crackers of the lot, and must see ppv's?! Or any hidden gems anybody has come across and forgot about! Watched Summerslam 98 the other day and forgot how good that was. I've got a free Saturday night as the wife's out and intend to sit down with some beer and OD on wrestling. Suggestions...

Edited by Chest Rockwell

I've only got it on my Apple TV and at work at the moment! Just glad I live in Canada now and don't have to stet up at stupid o clock to watch all the live stuff

Edited by Jimmy Boy

I'm watching my way through the old Raw's in sequence, including PPV's. I won't be bothering with any of the modern stuff like NXT to be honest.

Truly missing out there, Dave, NXT is much different than the rest of WWE's modern content. Yesterday's NXT Arrival show was awesome.

Because I'm the master of good timing, in the last six months I've been steadily collecting a hard drive full of WWE content, so there's a lot of awesome PPVs I've already got. Lister's suggestions of WCW shows intrigue me though, I was always a WWF/E boy. I'll co-sign the WWE suggestions there.

You can't really go wrong with a lot of WWE PPVs between 1998-2001. Other surrounding years had some great shows too, but to me this was the most consistently exciting time, rarely a dud from the ones I've seen. Survivor Series 98 was great fun with the Deadly Game tournament, Royal Rumble 2000, Backlash 2000, Fully Loaded 2000, No Way Out 2001, Invasion 2001 (about as good as WWE got the whole WCW/ECW storyline). 2002 was a bit rougher in some parts, but Vengeance 2002 (look for a young John Cena in wrestling tights), No Mercy 2002 (Hell In A Cell) and Survivor Series 2002 (first Elimination Chamber).

I'm watching my way through the old Raw's in sequence, including PPV's. I won't be bothering with any of the modern stuff like NXT to be honest.

Truly missing out there, Dave, NXT is much different than the rest of WWE's modern content. Yesterday's NXT Arrival show was awesome.

Because I'm the master of good timing, in the last six months I've been steadily collecting a hard drive full of WWE content, so there's a lot of awesome PPVs I've already got. Lister's suggestions of WCW shows intrigue me though, I was always a WWF/E boy. I'll co-sign the WWE suggestions there.

You can't really go wrong with a lot of WWE PPVs between 1998-2001. Other surrounding years had some great shows too, but to me this was the most consistently exciting time, rarely a dud from the ones I've seen. Survivor Series 98 was great fun with the Deadly Game tournament, Royal Rumble 2000, Backlash 2000, Fully Loaded 2000, No Way Out 2001, Invasion 2001 (about as good as WWE got the whole WCW/ECW storyline). 2002 was a bit rougher in some parts, but Vengeance 2002 (look for a young John Cena in wrestling tights), No Mercy 2002 (Hell In A Cell) and Survivor Series 2002 (first Elimination Chamber).

Raw from 98-99 are great fun to rewatch but a lot of the PPVs, save the main events, are an absolute chore to sit through again. Not until 2000 where the whole card often delivers.

Lister's basically suggested everything I was going to, although I'd swap out SummerSlam 2002 for the 1992 Royal Rumble on a personal preference. The undercard isn't up to much, but the Rumble match is the greatest ever.

Also, to echo Shane O' Mac's sentiments, don't sleep on NXT. ArRIVAL was great and I'd fully recommend *at least* just the Cesaro-Sami Zayn match.

Also, while there's not much of this stuff up there yet, Raw from 1993, 1997 and 1998 is usually great fun to revist.

• Paid Members

I watched the Michaels/Bret Beyond the Ring thing today and if I ever hear Shawn say "y'know" again it will be too soon. He doesn't come across as genuine at all, to me. Born again ones always strike be as a bit culty as well. "Before I was saved" and all that shit.

I watched the Michaels/Bret Beyond the Ring thing today and if I ever hear Shawn say "y'know" again it will be too soon. He doesn't come across as genuine at all, to me. Born again ones always strike be as a bit culty as well. "Before I was saved" and all that shit.

Y'know I also saw it and y'know it was a great 2 hour documentary, and y'know Bret came across as such an honest person. Sad to see him tear up quite a few times, you would think that he would not get so emotional about it anymore.

I think Shawn does sound genuine, he is clearly embarrassed about his past and didn't open up too much about it due to the shame, also could be the reason why he kept saying y'know all the bloody time.

Well worth a watch.

Y'know I also saw it and y'know it was a great 2 hour documentary, and y'know Bret came across as such an honest person. Sad to see him tear up quite a few times, you would think that he would not get so emotional about it anymore.

I think Shawn does sound genuine, he is clearly embarrassed about his past and didn't open up too much about it due to the shame, also could be the reason why he kept saying y'know all the bloody time.

Well worth a watch.

Bret and Sammartino are excellent, I could hear them talk for hours. The way they tell a story and their clarity of recollection is incredible. Shawn on the other end...errr.

Still, a really excellent DVD that.

• Paid Members

I had a quick look at the late 98 Raw that's up there (zamboni) and holy crap, I'd forgotten just how many signs people brought in that era. You pretty much can't see any of the audience in some points.

Edited by JNLister

• Paid Members

It used to look amazing. When I stopped watching between say 2002 - 2006/7/8 (I can't say for for what year) when I left signs were EVERYWHERE when I came back, in comparison, it was nothing. I don't know why.

• Paid Members
I had a quick look at the late 98 Raw that's up there (zamboni) and holy crap, I'd forgotten just how many signs people brought in that era. You pretty much can't see any of the audience in some points.

Especially at the start of the show when they panned across the crowd. The first time I was made aware of South Park was because of signs people made and brought to Raw, I was wondering what the fuck they were supposed to be before it popped up on Sky One a few months later.