The Ultimate Fighter Season 15: 'Cruz vs Faber' Thread

wandshogun09

• Paid Members

tuf-15-banner_large.jpg

TUF Finale - June 1st

MAIN CARD (FX - ESPN UK)

Jake Ellenberger vs Martin Kampmann (Five Rounds)

Mike Chiesa vs Al Iaquinta (TUF 15 finale)

Jonathan Brookins vs Charles Oliveira

Max Holloway vs Pat Schilling

Justin Lawrence vs John Cofer

PRELIMS (FUEL - ufc.tv)

Chris Tickle vs Daron Cruickshank

Myles Jury vs Chris Saunders

Cristiano Marcello vs Sam Sicilia

Jeremy Larsen vs Joe Proctor

FACEBOOK PRELIM

John Albert vs Erik Perez

I posted this in the MMA News thread but I thought it warranted a re-post in this thread for easiness

The UFC has today revealed the participants for the upcoming season of hit reality show The Ultimate Fighter.

The inaugural season of The Ultimate Fighter Live on FX will run for 13 consecutive weeks, featuring live fights every episode, and culminate with a championship fight on June 1, in a three-hour finale.

Following the eagerly anticipated premiere on its new home, the series will remain on Fridays but move to 10 p.m. ET/PT (delayed on the West Coast) for 12 weeks.

FX will also televise a second 13-week season of The Ultimate Fighter Live this summer. There will be two 13-week seasons of the show on FX annually for the next seven years. The eventual winner of each season receives a six-figure contract from the UFC.

The 13 weeks of taping are more than twice as long as previous TUF seasons (six). Unlike past editions when each season was taped months in advance of its broadcast, new episodes with live fights will now air each week.

There will be 16 live fights on March 9. The competitors are:

Akbarh Arreloa, Chula Vista , Calif.

Al Iaquinta, Wantagh , N.Y.

Ali Maclean, Belfast , North Ireland

Andy Ogle, Tynemouth , England

Austin Lyons, Cordova , Tenn.

Brendan Weafer, New York , N.Y.

Chris Tickle, Bloomington , Ill.

Cody Pfister, Amarillo , Texas

Cristiano Marcello, Curitiba , Brazil

Chase Hackett, Littleton , Colo.

Chris Saunders, Long Beach , Calif.

Dakota Cochrane, Omaha , Neb.

Daron Cruickshank, Wayne , Mich.

Drew Dober, Omaha , Neb.

Erin Beach, San Diego , Calif.

James Krause, Blue Springs , Mich.

James Vick, Fort Worth , Texas

Jared Carlsten, Los Angeles , Calif.

Jeff Smith, Mechanicsburg , Penn.

Jeremy Larsen, Phoenix , Ariz.

Joe Proctor, Pembroke , Mass.

John Cofer, Hull , Ga.

Johnavan Vistante, Pearl City , Hawaii

Jon Tuck, Hagtna, Guam

Jordan Rinaldi, Matthews, N.C.

Justin Lawrence, Villa Ridge , Mo.

Mark Glover, Liverpool , England

Michael Chiesa, Spokane Valley , Wash.

Myles Jury, San Diego , Calif.

Mike Rio, Miami , Fla.

Sam Sicilia, Spokane Valley , Wash.

Vinc Pichel, Sherman Oaks, Calif.

13 weeks in the house is gonna be brutal. What was it before, 6-8 weeks? If they were cracking up then it's gonna be much worse this time.

Looking at the cast of fighters I'm not familiar with most of them. I know of Andy Ogle but not the other 2 UK lads. Myles Jury, I think, was on a past season if I'm not mistaken. May have only got as far as the elimination fights though.

And Cristiano Marcello smile.gif if it's the same one I know of then he's the man who gave Wanderlei Silva his BJJ blackbelt and also the man who triangle choked Krazy Horse into a slumber backstage in Pride. Looking at his wikipedia, he's a 155er and he's fought as recently as last year. It's gotta be him.

I'm looking forward to this season and even more so the rubber match between the coaches at the end. Be interesting to see if there's much trash talk between the coaches. They seemed to hate each other for a while but in the run up to their second fight at UFC 132 they did a lot of appearances together and they seemed to kind of squash a lot of the bad blood. I'm sure tempers will flare again once they get competitive with the teams and stuff.

"Hide your kids, hide your wife"

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

James Krause has fought in the WEC (including a loss to Donald Cerrone), so you've probably seen him at some point in the past. He's most recently been fighting in the Titan Fighting Championships which air on HDnet, and has had mixed results. I think I recognise Ali Maclean from some Cage Gladiator shows, but will go and check out his record to see if it who I think.

*Edit* Nah, Maclean fought on Bamma 2 which is where I have seen him in the past.

• Paid Members
will this be shown in the U.K?

and out of interest, are any of the other Ultimate Fighter series worth watching?

It hasn't been announced yet where this will be aired here. The last one was on FX so maybe there, if not ESPN could pick it up. It's always all last minute with TUF over here. They'll get it shown somewhere though. Might have to be ufc.tv though with the live fights.

And yeah most of the past TUF's are worth a look. The best ones I'd say are Seasons 1 (Liddell/Couture), 3 (Ortiz/Shamrock), 5 (Penn/Pulver), 8 (Big Nog/Mir) and 10 (Rampage/Rashad). Can't go wrong with them. I also really like Season 4: The Comeback and Season 6: Hughes vs Serra.

James Krause has fought in the WEC (including a loss to Donald Cerrone), so you've probably seen him at some point in the past. He's most recently been fighting in the Titan Fighting Championships which air on HDnet, and has had mixed results. I think I recognise Ali Maclean from some Cage Gladiator shows, but will go and check out his record to see if it who I think.

Oh I remember Krause now. I deffo saw the Cerrone fight.

They are showing constant adverts for this on FX. Dana White is hyping the live factor of it. I don't see how it will make that much of a difference to be honest.

Yeah me neither, watching a fight is watching a fight and I usually avoid spoilers so it's like watching live anyway. Plus whatever channel it's on here will probably not show it live given the time difference. It doesn't really make a difference.

• Paid Members
Myles Jury, I think, was on a past season if I'm not mistaken. May have only got as far as the elimination fights though.

Jury suffered a torn ACL at the start of the Lesnar vs Dos Santos series. Dana White did say he'd give Jury another shot once the injured had healed up, nice to see they have kept that promise.

• Moderators
They are showing constant adverts for this on FX. Dana White is hyping the live factor of it. I don't see how it will make that much of a difference to be honest.

It'll make a big difference if they're going down the route that viewers can vote for which fights they want to see, which is I think what they said when the live deal was first announced last year.

• Moderators
Has anyone seen an explanation of how on earth they are doing 16 fights in a live 2.5 hour show?

If they get all decisions, they're fucked either way, but the usual TUF 2 rounds system will help a bit. They seem to get pretty lucky with finishes on those regular all-fights episodes of TUF too, so they'll probably be a bunch of wild mismatches in there to ensure some quick KOs.

Alternatively, three octagons side by side, like WCW WW3.

Has anyone seen an explanation of how on earth they are doing 16 fights in a live 2.5 hour show?

Dana has just said that they are 2 round fights and that as soon as one fight finishes the next one wille enter the cage. They will still need a lot of quick finishes though for them to fit it all in.

Archived