Raw 13th February Discussion

iamtheman

so that Eve Torres

tumblr_lzdblnaRYs1qbigi2o1_400.gif

my thoughts exactly

the three matches were fine as they were i suppose. R-truth was very funny in the debate. although punk taking the mick out of the miz was a laugh.

HBK/HHH segment was very good keeps the story going and it looks like taker will be coming back with short hair.

anyone else at the start of the punk match see the maybe he miz was born with it maybe its Maybeline sign. Just above the sign saying Thunder's on this thursday. might be just me but they gave me a good snigger

enjoyed Randy/Big show. despite the botch i thought it was great. credit to big show for taking that DDT too. it got a great Pop too

I'm getting back on side with the Cena/Ryder/Kane/Eve story. Really silly plus Zack died again. although that bump looked painful

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are just supposed to gloss over the fact we saw Eve, of her own volition, enter the fucking ambulance? Screaming yet walking calmly to the seat at the back. Couldn't she have just been in the back of the ambulance since the start of the segment, its not like she had anything else to do. Ruined the entire thing.

I was genuinely shocked they went with Eve kissing Cena, but it worked I guess. Its still boring as fuck. Add that, to the shitarse debate to kick off the show, even if you count the boring Kane shit at the start.

The matches were good, the HBK/HHH/Taker segment all worked and I'm glad they've showed Taker cutting his hair in the video package, the wig just wasn't going to fly.

Are just supposed to gloss over the fact we saw Eve, of her own volition, enter the fucking ambulance? Screaming yet walking calmly to the seat at the back. Couldn't she have just been in the back of the ambulance since the start of the segment, its not like she had anything else to do. Ruined the entire thing.

Coupled with seeing someone holding a rolled up piece of paper next to Kane giving him his cue at the start of the segment.

Also why did they 'buzz' Miz when his time was up in the debate but didn't bother with anyone else?

• Paid Members

The Cena thing is fucking puzzling. One second he's making Eve's dreams comes true, the next he's doing his "Rise Above Hate" thing, then he's smacking Tucker* about and then he's his best mate again. Surely they are going to turn Cena now, after him kissing Eve. If not, then they're stupid as they've made Cena out to be a right prick. Terribly performed too.

Triple H/Shawn Michaels deserve a BAFTA for their performance. It's what should have happened last week, instead of Triple H answering his own questions (making him look like a bit of a knob) they should have had somebody ask him the questions. Also looks like 'Taker is going without the wig, come Wrestlemania - loved the Kyle Cooper/Seven inspired video too.

Not enough Johnny Ace.

The Miz tapping to CM Punk made me smile. I hate you Miz!

*013992.jpg

My biggest gripe with the Cena thing is Zack Ryder reminds me of Tucker. He's too OTT and thus too comedic to feel any sympathy for him.

The Triple H and Shawn Michaels stuff was brilliant acting, and I really got into it. The ending with The Undertaker ripping out his hair in the video gave me that addicted to the screen feel, I really can't wait for next week to see more of the feud. I also hope that after that, Shawn isn't completely dropped from the storyline and we see him in some form at the match. But other than that, there wasn't much else I was into. The opening segment was the shits and was only worth watching to see Kofi Kingston have some time to do something. I felt a bit annoyed that after the spotlight was put on him, they had Jericho squash him. The Orton/Show match was a disappointing one, Cole was unbearable during the entire segment. One second he was praising Bryan as being wonderful, then he was having a fit about how he thinks he is a load of shit.

And the Cena/Kane/Ryder/Eve stuff was beyond terrible, the producer/stagehand telling Eve to get into the ambulance and telling Kane when to turn around and flip was actually shown on TV. Come on WWE, with all the great video packages and pyro displays you master, you can't time the cameras to go on time? You could see a big thick crash mat on the floor covered with carpet where Zack landed as well, couldn't they have got a better angle so you couldn't make out the thickness of the floor? Cena's acting was comical during the ambulance scene (as was the other three's), but he was fine when he was in the ring alone. Until I came online a minute ago, I actually thought the crowd were chanting "We DON'T hate you!" as well. He was the better one out of the four cheesy actors, so I'm firmly in his fan club at the moment more than the others. Hopefully Sheamus does a spine chilling speech that gets me into him again on Smackdown, because they didn't even mention his title shot announcement last night I don't think.

RAW seems to be getting more and more messy. The debate, the ambulance shite, it's not the way WWE should be.

Cena/Kane is one of Cena's worst ever feuds. Ryder and Eve's hammy acting play a big part in that, they have no place in a John Cena level storyline. Ryder's performance is just full on comedy.

On the other hand, Triple H is the man. As is Michaels. There's almost nothing better when they avoid the comedy stuff and do full on intense drama. Bald/short haired Undertaker will be unusual but interesting.

Randy/Big Show was decent shame about the botched RKO. Truth/Ziggler and Punk/Miz were also okay just too short IMO.

I quite enjoyed the show, although i fastforwarded anything to do with Cena/Ryder/Kane/Eve which has been and will always be shite.

HHH/Michaels stole the show and futher adds fuel to the fire, and im really excited by it. Wouldn't have minded an Undertaker appearance but i suppose they don't need him at this point.

Elimination Chamber was hyped up quite well and Kofi did well with his promo and match. Main Event was good too, can't see any thing other than CM Punk walking out as Champion!

Absolutely cracking segement from HHH/HBK, engrossing stuff that moves it on nicely, wondering what will finally make HHH snap. Hope HBK is ref now after that segment. I'd sooner see Taker with short hair/bald than with a chin-strap but if this ended up as Taker's last match and he plays the Deadman character it'd be weird that he looked so different in his very last match as the deadman comapred to the 1000's of others, but I suppose they could play it as a different/near the end Taker. I'm just surprised he's cut it if he was always coming back.

I now can't see Cena turning Temporary heel for his match with Rock. If they didn't fully pull the trigger last night I don't think they will, I was actually getting quite into the last segment in anticipation of Cena snapping but it didn't come. Saying he embraced the hate by kissing Eve seems a bit of a cop out as it's neither one thing nor the other, the crowd think he's a dick as well as a shit wrestler but Cena's still 'rising above' in his own mind. I've enjoyed the basic premise of the feud (obvious acting flaws aside) in that Kane is getting Cena to hate, but for me overall enjoyment was based on Cena snapping and telling the crowd to fuck off before his match with The Rock. I hope i'm wrong but I don't think that will happen now.

It's a shame because i'm not really that arsed about Rock/Cena (where the fuck is the Rock? thought he'd be back by now) because of how awful The Rock has been but Cena not giving a shit about the crowd for a bit wiuld have got me interested. As it stands I can't see anything other than the same buld they've been doing since before last year's Mania.

• Paid Members

The inside of Undertakers cabin has a very good projector system. Taker probably thought he should make it nice after Sting trashed it last time he stayed. Also, Taker's customised chair and the set up there keeps making me thing of the claw from inspector gadget.

Dr-claw.jpg

• Paid Members
Absolutely cracking segement from HHH/HBK, engrossing stuff that moves it on nicely, wondering what will finally make HHH snap. Hope HBK is ref now after that segment.

I now can't see Cena turning Temporary heel for his match with Rock. If they didn't fully pull the trigger last night I don't think they will, I was actually getting quite into the last segment in anticipation of Cena snapping but it didn't come. Saying he embraced the hate by kissing Eve seems a bit of a cop out as it's neither one thing nor the other, the crowd think he's a dick as well as a shit wrestler but Cena's still 'rising above' in his own mind. I've enjoyed the basic premise of the feud (obvious acting flaws aside) in that Kane is getting Cena to hate, but for me overall enjoyment was based on Cena snapping and telling the crowd to fuck off before his match with The Rock. I hope i'm wrong but I don't think that will happen now.

It's a shame because i'm not really that arsed about Rock/Cena (where the fuck is the Rock? thought he'd be back by now) because of how awful The Rock has been but Cena not giving a shit about the crowd for a bit wiuld have got me interested. As it stands I can't see anything other than the same buld they've been doing since before last year's Mania.

See that's what I don't get. Surely Cena kissing Eve only makes people think he's a prick for doing so. So surely this leads to Cena turning?

Although they may have Eve turn...........

You'd think so but I thought it would have been in the last segment, I can't see Ryder being on for a couple of weeks again and Cena will probably just go a bit angry and finish Kane off on Sunday. By then surely the Rock/Cena feud will start. Like I say I hope i'm wrong, but not sure how he can turn now.

• Paid Members
You'd think so but I thought it would have been in the last segment, I can't see Ryder being on for a couple of weeks again and Cena will probably just go a bit angry and finish Kane off on Sunday. By then surely the Rock/Cena feud will start. Like I say I hope i'm wrong, but not sure how he can turn now.

Have him go crazy on The Rock. Really, if WWE aren't mental, this all leads to Cena snapping The Rock's neck, when he starts taking the piss again. The Rock has had his way with Cena in every segment, so it's about time Cena got his, and Cena "embacing the hate" and murdering The Rock pre-'Mania is surely the way. Otherwise, they're mental.

Yeah it probably make more sense if he snaps on The Rock thinking about it, if he snaps before they'd probably just have The Rock come back and take the piss out of him like nothing happened. If Rock comes back taking the piss about the 'emrace the hate' stuff it's a good time for Cena to batter him and would also mean Rock could have a couple of Raw's off ;)

Archived