WWE 2019 (WrestleMania XXXV)

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Who do you see being the biggest stars in WWE in 2019? From what we know now, obviously.

History says a lot can change in wrestling in 5 years. 1993 was an unrecognisable landscape from 1988 which itself was a massive departure from 1983. WCW was on top of the world in 1997 and didn't exist in 2002. WWE 2000 vs. WWE 2005 is similar.

Recently though, the pace has changed somewhat. If you look at WWE now compared to 2009, there isn't a massive difference. The formula is pretty much the same and plenty of the big stars remain. It's probably easier than ever to look to the future.

So, excusing the fact that someone could easily come along in the next five years and take the business by storm, who do you see being huge then?

Give us your top 5 stars in the business in 2019 or if you want to make it different, maybe your WrestleMania 35 main events?

I had an hour to kill so for a bit of fun I decided to look at the cards for ,5,10,15,20,25 and 30 to see if I could spot any patterns. (I've ignored the Diva matches and Battle Royals, just because)

Anyone who has appeared in the pre show, has not featured in another 5 Year anniversary Mania so that's Jimmy Uso, Jay Uso, Diego, Fernando, Cesaro, Ryback and Axel out for Mania 35.

Every 5 Year anniversary someone in a main title match is making there 5 year anniversary debut, they are never seen in a match at another 5 year show. This year it was Bryan and Batista, so one of them won't be on the card for Wrestlemania 35.

If your debut appearance at a 5 year Wrestlemania is in the 2nd match you will not appear at another one, unless it's to attempt to beat The Streak. As The Streak has finished we can say goodbye to Ambrose, Rollins and Reigns.

I'll have another look tonight; see if I can eliminate the entire roster.

But so far I have the top 5 stars of 2019 being Cena, Triple H, Taker, Orton and Shawn

• Paid Members

What's also interesting to look at is the guys who were on the 10 year anniversary cards. I'm using 1, 10, 20 and 30- and yes I know there aren't 10 years between 1 and 10, but fuck off and pretend there is.

Wrestlers competed in 1 & 10: 1 (Leilani Kai)

Wrestlers competed in 10 & 20: 1 (Shawn Michaels)

Wrestlers competed in 20 & 30: 9 (John Cena, Big Show, Randy Orton, Batista, Rey Mysterio, Brock Lesnar, Undertaker, Kane, Triple H)

Think a massive changing of the guard is a bit overdue!

• Paid Members
Anyone who has appeared in the pre show, has not featured in another 5 Year anniversary Mania so that's Jimmy Uso, Jay Uso, Diego, Fernando, Cesaro, Ryback and Axel out for Mania 35.

You make an exception for Cesaro because he also wrestled - and won big - on the main show, surely to hell??

• Paid Members
You make an exception for Cesaro because he also wrestled - and won big - on the main show, surely to hell??

So you think The Usos and Cesaro won't be around in 5 years, but you think the semi-retired/retired Taker, HBK, and HHH will be top stars?

Kayfabermetrics says no.

EDIT: Ignore this, misunderstood the trend, thought it meant appeared on any WrestleMania pre-show not just 5 year ones.

Archived