UKFF Poster of the Year (Off Topic) 2011

Chest Rockwell

Who was the best off topic poster of 2011?  

179 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

I like the triumverate of Loki, Gladders and Houchen. Of the three of them, Loki's capable of some exceptional intelligent posts when the time comes for it and he drops the smugness and those are my favourites to read.

• Paid Members

Magnum's great, he deserves more than a passing mention here. A really superb poster who gets it spot on almost every time he posts. As is his semi-namesake Magnum Milano - speaking of semis, his new avatar is splendid.

Rosegarden Funeral / Adam Woodyatt has been absolutely great the last couple of months as well. A mention to Chokeout for his consistently top quality film posting especially is deserved as well.

Pitcos, Ian and Butch are regulars in the on-topic voting but their off-topic stuff is absolutely great as well and they deserve more recognition for that as well, I reckon.

There are loads of great posters in off-topic.

Adam Woodyatt would have got my vote had he been on here. Also, Ronnie deserves some props too, although I may be blinded by the exquisite beauty of his avatar. But he's able to have a discussion and at least accept the possibility of 2 sides to an argument, which is rare.

• Paid Members

*Gasp*

I went for Gladstone, as I think that my ridiculous amount of time spent on this forum, waiting for updates, is always most rewarded by seeing a Gladstone post. They're just so refreshing - maybe there's some menthol in there?

You're all stars, though, and I will indulge my sentimental side by saying that I've had a really tough year in general, and this forum almost always makes things feel better when I'm stuck in my monumentally shit job, too worried to go and play Bubble Witch Saga because the boss can access any of our screens at any time.

• Awards Moderator

Tough one, this. I've gone for Surf as I don't think I've ever read a bad post of his. He's funny as fuck, knows plenty of info on numerous subjects and comes across as a genuinely top bloke. And the poses :love:

As Gladders said, there are some quality posters in off-topic and some didn't make the cut. El Nicko Loco should have been in the running for this as should HarmonicGenerator. The latter isn't just mutual back-scratching based on what he put above or just for his impeccable music taste, as I nominated him in the paidos thread for this award a few weeks ago.

I'd say off-topic in 2011 has been the best it's been in the 6 or so years I've been posting here.

• Awards Moderator
Tough one, this. I've gone for Surf as I don't think I've ever read a bad post of his. He's funny as fuck, knows plenty of info on numerous subjects and comes across as a genuinely top bloke. And the poses :love:

As Gladders said, there are some quality posters in off-topic and some didn't make the cut. El Nicko Loco should have been in the running for this as should HarmonicGenerator. The latter isn't just mutual back-scratching based on what he put above or just for his impeccable music taste, as I nominated him in the paidos thread for this award a few weeks ago.

I'd say off-topic in 2011 has been the best it's been in the 6 or so years I've been posting here.

:blush:

So much for the slow demise of the UKFF then!