WWE Raw 2nd April 2012 Discussion *SPOILERS*

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well fuck me, that was a great Raw. I saw no thread so thought I'd start one off

Jonny being a royal pain in the arse

Rock going for the Title

3 way for the US title Swagger, Ziggler and Santino

Tensai squishing A-Ry

A cracking match between Menry and CM PUNK, and a nice botch by Jericho to boot.

Cody vs Kofi

Miz vs Zack Ryder

And then Cena cutting a very odd promo, and then some wrestler or something returned and blew the roof off the place

I shall add more later

• Paid Members

When THAT music hit I had the biggest pop that wrestling has given me for years, to the extent I actually got out of my seat and did a wee dance around the room. That was awesome! Seeing that F-5 on Cena was the thing of beauty and something I had really been wanting to happen but had just never believed it would have. I had most of the show on in the background while I worked on my dissertation but watched the final segment properly. Boy am I ever glad I did! Here comes the pain!

I noticed the crowd were brilliant all night. I love a vocal crowd with lots of entertaining chants (YES! YES YES YES!). Beats the hell out the boring subdued crowd we've become used to in WWE for the last few years, and it really adds so much to a show.

He looks a lot smaller, even in his last UFC fight with Overeem he looked jacked.

Other stuff in the show:

Glad to see Rock sticking around part time, I expected that whatever he did tonight would set up Mania 29, but he made it sound as if he could be doing the big 4 PPV's or something.

Punk and Henry delivered nicely. Jericho did a great job ripping of Raven.

Johnny doesn't really do anything for me. His "natural disaster" line has me hoping we'll see Punk vs. Lesnar soon. But Brock has to get in WWE shape, his arms looked way too small.

I think Lesnar is along way physically from how he looked back in 2002/3

Still, this is the most excited I have been about wrestling in years

I did feel a bit sorry for cena tonight, he loses to the rock last night, he comes out tonight and gives his 'never give up' speech and then gets destroyed by a F5

Was a bit underwhelmed, if I'm honest. I hate the web for moments like that, not only for informing me, but for informing that entire Raw crowd and thus putting the big moment in everybody's heads just before it happened. As a Cena fan, I'm starting to crave him getting destroyed for 20 minutes then making a superman comeback. My hero's been put on his arse physically and figuratively in the last 24 hours. Still, whilst it didn't blow me away, I admire their gumption in just chucking him straight out there and dropping the top guy. I'm at least interested in seeing where they'll go with it anyway.

Lord Tensai was shit. Didn't give a fuck about A-Train when he was around before, but to read Power Slam you'd think he'd turned into Shawn Michaels or something. He's had a bit of a shave, that was a novelty for a few minutes. After that, I lost interest.

And to those people still pissed off with the Sheamus/Bryan match, it doesn't appear as though D-Bry's momentum seems remotely derailed. His catchphrase hijacking half the promos (even changing languages along the way) seems like pretty substantial progress to me.

• Paid Members

An incredible Raw to attend live, Daniel Bryan was the star of the show, and he only appeared on the TV broadcast for about one minute.

The opening segment with Rock and closing segment with Cena and Lesnar were also experiences I'll never forget, plus Punk vs Henry was a tremendous match, and the six man dark match main event was SO MUCH FUN.

YES! YES! YES!

• Paid Members

I mildy enojoyed it,

Punk is one hell of a worker, Y2J was shite i just dont buy his new gimmick.

Brock coming back was kind of ruined by the crowd chanting for him a good few minutes before he came out. I really dont know what they are planning unless its to get Cena over again. I nearly felt bad for the guy he comes out to boos, stands there and claims he is still going to do the best he can, then gets F5ed for the trouble.

The Rock was the ass kissing, twitter saying, pause while people chant walking advert he has been for the last few weeks. Saying he is going for the belt might mean he is sticking around but i think that means "see you summerslam"

I know it was a post WM Raw - but I seriously think Daniel Bryan has created the most organic and far more positive (for other wrestlers) catchphrase since "What". Amazing.

EDIT - Just to say I wrote this (just) before seeing the same thing (from Classics Guy?) on the WO website.

Archived